A birthing experience that feels like home
As the first in-hospital birthing center in the area, we offer a safe environment for a home-like delivery.
The Birthing Center at Saint Thomas Midtown
The Birthing Center gives women with low-risk pregnancies the option to deliver in a home-like environment with the added benefit of immediate access to a higher level of care.
We cater to expectant families interested in having a holistic, unmedicated and truly memorable childbirth experience. Our beautiful facility offers highly specialized maternity care and extra support for mom and baby, all in a home-like environment.
At The Birthing Center you can soften the lights, play your own music and walk around the room at your leisure, all in the comfort of your private, home-like birthing suite.
Other amenities include:
- A comfortable full-size bed
- Labor tubs
- Nitrous oxide for pain relief
- Birthing balls
- Squatting bars
- Labor stools
- Doula services
- Lactation support
- In-room refrigerators
- Large, flat-screen televisions
The Birthing Center team
- Obstetricians and certified nurse midwives deliver in The Birthing Center
- In the event of complications, obstetricians, neonatologists, anesthesiologists, and specialized nurses are close by within our labor and delivery unit.
- Lactation consultants are onsite and available for breastfeeding support.
Who can use the birthing center?
Our facility is designed for low-risk moms and healthy babies. Families interested in utilizing our facility must participate in an introductory orientation course to prepare for delivery. Consent from your physician or pediatrician is also required.
For more information, please call 615-284-6455.