Specializing in High-risk Pregnancy Care
Ascension Southeast Wisconsin Hospitals have Perinatal Care services for women in high-risk pregnancies.
Wisconsin Advanced Maternity Services
For the women experiencing a high-risk pregnancy or concerned about complications in pregnancy, we have a network of Perinatal Care specialists. Our highly experienced Ascension Medical Group, board-certified obstetricians and gynecologists (OB-GYN, maternal-fetal medicine (MFM) specialists, and neonatologists coordinate to give your and your baby the best care possible.
Even with all the preparations in place, we know this type of pregnancy is stressful. Our Maternity and NICU care teams are known for their compassionate and personalized attention to the entire family.
Do you have a doctor? Find a women’s health specialist
Know what to expect – Pre-register for maternity services during your first trimester.
- Ascension Southeast Wisconsin St. Joseph and Perinatal Assessment Center
- Ascension All Saints Hospital and Women’s Health Pavilion
- Ascension Columbia – St. Mary’s Milwaukee, Women’s Medical Center and Perinatal Assessment Center
See all Childbirth classes and events
Women’s Health Perinatal Assessment Centers
We have dedicated Perinatal Care Centers and MFM clinics at:
- Ascension Columbia – St. Mary’s Milwaukee, Women’s Medical Center
- Ascension St. Joseph Hospital All Saint’s Women’s Health Pavilion
The specialized training of our OB and MFM doctors manage the obstetrical, medical and surgical complications of pregnancy for both the mother and baby (fetus). They plan for potential labor and delivery complications, such as preterm labor, premature rupture of the membranes, or maternal and fetal infections. With the proper planning and care, the result can be very rewarding — healthier mothers, babies and families.
What to Expect
Perinatal Assessment Center care team has many services:
- Managing a complicated pregnancy – For example, preterm labor, previous pregnancy loss, or multiple gestations
- Multi-specialty care for women with pre-existing medical conditions – such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure
- Addressing behavioral health concerns – smoking, alcohol and opioid drug use during pregnancy
- Preconception counseling for couples contemplating pregnancy – concerns about potential delivery complications or genetic conditions.
- For women over age 35 – contemplating a first-time pregnancy, talk to your doctor to understand the risks and how to plan for a healthy pregnancy.
Specializing in Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome
At Ascension Columbia-St. Mary’s, Ascension All Saints Hospital, and Ascension St. Joseph Hospital, the neonatal intensive care team specializes in treating babies exposed to opioid drugs and alcohol while in the womb. We have a care team to manage the health of these infants and the drug withdrawal process that starts happening after birth. To learn more, read about NAS.
These infants often require intensive care in a NICU. Our Level III NICUs are equipped with innovative treatments, crib-side technology, and a multi-specialty care team representing many different medical specialties.
The best way to take care of your baby is to take care of yourself, before and during pregnancy and after the birth. Ascension Wisconsin offers many types of women’s health services. Talk to your doctor about healthcare services that fit the needs of you and your growing family.
Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital - St. Joseph Campus
In south Milwaukee, Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital – St. Joseph Campus provides primary and specialty medical care, including emergency care.
Ascension All Saints Hospital - Spring Street Campus
In southeastern Wisconsin, Ascension All Saints Hospital - Spring Street Campus offers specialty care for all ages, from children to seniors.
Make an Appointment