Helping you manage your diabetes
The Ascension Via Christi diabetes education team provides a personalized care plan to help you manage your diabetic symptoms.
Diabetes Education and Nutrition
Endocrinologists treat disorders related to the endocrine system. The most common relate to problems with diabetes or with the pituitary, thyroid or adrenal glands not producing appropriate hormone levels.
Symptoms may include:
- High blood sugars
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Rapid heart rate
- Weight loss
- Hot flashes
If your doctor thinks you need a referral for an endocrine disorder, Ascension Medical Group's expert endocrinologists can help you manage it. We can diagnose and treat a variety of conditions:
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Osteoporosis and bone health
- Diseases of the pituitary and adrenal glands
- Hormonal disease
Don't let an endocrine system disorder limit your life. Ask your doctor for a referral to Ascension Medical Group today.
Diabetes education in Wichita, Manhattan and Pittsburg, Kansas.
We are dedicated to serving people with diabetes and their families. We listen to understand your health concerns to deliver the care that is right for you.
- Educating you about diabetes
- Giving you the confidence to manage the daily challenges of living with diabetes
- Preventing long-term complications and diabetes-related medical conditions.
Our team program is accredited by the American Diabetes Association. We provide a team approach designed to help you at any stage of your disease:
- Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, newly diagnosed
- Long-term diabetes care and support
Our care team include diabetes educators certified by the American Diabetes Association. We provide information, classes and one-on-one support to help you become informed and live well.
- Individual appointments with nurses and dietitians, nationally certified diabetes educators specializing in diabetes management. Your doctor's referral is required before making the appointment.
- Group education classes may be available in your area. Call for details.
- Community activities and diabetes health screenings at local health fairs.