Prevention and Care for Women and Heart Disease
The Seton Heart Institute in Austin, Texas, specializes in heart care for women at risk or with cardiovascular disease.
Women's Heart Health
Schedule a cardiology appointment with a heart doctor specializing in women’s health and request a women’s heart risk assessment, call 512-324-3440.
The doctors and care team at the Seton Heart Institute and Women's Heart Center help you understand your risk factors and how to help prevent heart attack or stroke. If you have heart disease, our experienced doctors recognize how women often respond differently than men to treatment. We personalized your care plan, so you get the care that is right for you.
We provide thorough risk assessments and high-quality heart care. Our program is for:
- Women with risk factors but no symptoms
- Women with a history of heart disease and symptoms (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.)
- Women at significant risk of having a cardiac event in the future.
At Ascension, you have access to a full network of services and specialty care doctors. The Women’s Heart Center is at Seton Heart Institute, Austin, Texas. The Women's Heart Center provides convenient access to doctors who specialize in women’s health. We take the time to listen and understand your health concerns.
Located in the Seton Heart Institute clinic, the Women's Heart Center provides convenient access to all of Ascension Seton’s heart disease diagnostic and treatment resources.
Take the Next Step
At Ascension, the women’s heart program provides two consultation options tailored to your specific heart health: new patient appointments and women's heart health assessments.
New patient appointments: For women with symptoms of heart disease
- Risk assessment
- Diagnosis and treatment of heart disease in women
This option is for women with risk factors and symptoms.
- Risk Factors: age over 55 years, family history of premature heart disease, cigarette smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, or diabetes.
- Symptoms: chest pain, shortness of breath, palpitations, light-headedness, dizziness, weakness, exercise intolerance, or swelling.
Women's heart health assessment: For women without symptoms of heart disease
A women's heart health assessment provides the foundation for your heart disease prevention plan, including:
- Risk assessment questionnaire and analysis
- Review of your medical history
- A complete cardiac exam
- Finger-stick cholesterol- glucose check
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
The cost for the women's heart health risk assessment is $149.