Skilled surgical care for your vascular system.
About Vascular Surgery
Your body depends on your arteries and veins to keep working well. Think of those blood vessels as the roads carrying blood to all parts of your body. If they clog or narrow, it can create traffic jams that block your blood flow. Ascension care teams can help you keep your vascular system running smoothly.
A problem with a blood vessel can affect any part of your body. For example, a blood clot can form in your leg. While our vascular doctors look for non-surgical solutions whenever possible, sometimes surgery is necessary.
Advanced surgery for any vascular need
You may need surgery for vascular conditions such as:
• Narrowed arteries, called peripheral artery disease or PAD.
• Blood clots in the veins, known as venous thromboembolism or VTE, including:
• Deep vein thrombosis or DVT, a clot that forms in a deep vein, usually in the leg.
• Pulmonary embolism or PE, when a clot forms in your body and travels to your lungs.
• A weak spot on an artery wall, called an aneurysm.
From open surgery to minimally invasive procedures, you can be confident you’ll get the care that’s right for you. Ascension’s heart and vascular specialists are experienced in proven procedures with the goal of helping to get you back to health as quickly as possible.