Ascension Michigan Structural Heart Care
Our Ascension Michigan care team consists of interventional cardiologists, cardiac imaging specialists, cardiac surgeons, and others.
We provide care for patients who have various stages and types of disease in their valves (aortic valve disease, mitral valve disease, pulmonary and tricuspid valve disease), thickening of the heart muscle (hypertropic cardiomyopathy or HCM), and irregular heartbeat (atrial fibrillation).
Structural heart disease is a term that describes defects that occur in the heart’s valves, walls and/or muscle. These defects can be present at birth or may develop later in life. If you have heart valve or structural heart disease, it means that your heart isn’t working efficiently, and this can lead to other serious problems.
Heart Valve and Structural Heart Services
• Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
• Mitraclip repairs
• Left atrial appendage occlusion (Watchman)
• Endovascular and thoracic repairs of aortic aneurysms (EVAR, TEVAR)
Why choose Ascension Michigan:
The leader in care
• Ascension heart care specialists in Michigan are leaders in structural heart care. Together, Ascension hospitals are the largest provider of Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) in the state. Our physicians have extensive knowledge and experience to provide you the specific care you need for your individual situation.
Shorter length of stay in the hospital
• The evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of structural heart disease is highly individualized process for each patient. Although each case varies, in general terms, the average length of stay for minimally invasive valve replacement at Ascension Michigan is approximately two to three days.
• Our Ascension Michigan heart care teams provide a thorough and personalized evaluation to fully understand your situation and deliver the care you need. Our structural heart team consists of highly experienced doctors from several specialties.