Ascension Michigan Heart Scan
Our care teams at Ascension Michigan are highly experienced at providing Heart Scans to help measure your risk for heart disease.
Ascension Michigan Heart Scan
By providing a heart scan, our care teams can identify the amount of calcium containing plaque in your arteries. Plaque can grow and restrict blood flow. Measuring the amount of calcified plaque you have may help your doctor detect heart disease before you have symptoms. The presence of calcium in your arteries can be caused by many things including smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, diet, lifestyle and pre-existing medical conditions.
A heart scan is a non-invasive, imaging test. This test helps our doctors detect potential heart disease. It helps find calcium buildup in the arteries of your heart, which can be a sign of heart disease. Images of your heart are reviewed by a doctor and a calcium score is determined. From there, your calcium score is combined with other health information, which helps determine your risk of coronary artery disease (CAD).
Our doctors are experienced in providing quality, individualized care for a wide variety of heart and vascular needs - from helping you manage your high blood pressure to bringing renewed hope to patients with Atrial Fibrillation, Peripheral Artery Disease, Complex Heart Valve Disease and Pulmonary Embolisms and much more.
The out-of-pocket price is $75. *The out-of-pocket price at Ascension Borgess is $99. Talk to your doctor to see if a heart scan is right for you. To schedule an appointment, please call an Ascension Michigan location near you. Once you have discussed this with your cardiologist or family doctor and received their referral, call our office to schedule an appointment that works around your schedule.
- For the following Ascension Southeast Michigan locations, call 866-501-3627:
- Ascension Medical Center - Howell, MI
- Ascension St. John Hospital
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Novi Campus
- Ascension Providence Hospital, Southfield Campus
- Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus
- Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights Campus
- Ascension Genesys Hospital 810-606-6801
- Ascension Saginaw Hospital 989-907-8222
- Ascension Borgess Hospital 269-342-1099
- Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital 844-462-2462
Those who may benefit from the heart scan include:
- Men over the age of 40 and women over the age 50
- Those with a family history of heart attack at an early age
- Those with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes
- Past or present smokers
Those who should not have the heart scan:
- Pregnant women
- Those who've had a heart attack, coronary bypass surgery, or a coronary stent
- Men under age 40 and women under age 50
Ascension St. Mary's Hospital
Our care teams at Ascension St. Mary's Hospital in Saginaw, Michigan, deliver emergency care and specialty care for your needs.
Ascension St. John Hospital
To get great care for your everyday life, visit Ascension St. John Hospital where you’ll receive compassionate, personalized care.
Ascension Providence Hospital - Southfield Campus
Our care teams at Ascension Providence Hospital - Southfield Campus, in Southeast Michigan, deliver emergency care and specialty care for your needs.
Ascension Borgess Hospital
Our care teams at Ascension Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, Michigan, deliver emergency care and specialty care for your needs.