Specialty Heart Care for Adults
Know when your heart needs special attention. In Central Texas, Seton Heart Institute doctors provide personalized care that is right for you.
Heart and Vascular Care in Central Texas
Rate your heartbeat, blood pressure, and cholesterol. Could these numbers be better? Our care team at Seton Heart Institute are regional leaders and deliver a wide range of heart specialty care programs at 23 locations. Seton Heart Institute on West 38th Street in Austin, Texas, is the hub of our multi-specialty academic healthcare network. Our affiliation with The University of Texas Medical School adds to our already extensive heart and vascular care services for children and adults.
For an appointment, use our convenient online scheduler or call toll-free 512-324-3440.
**If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, go to the nearest ER and call 911. Ascension Seton ER’s provide life-saving heart attack and stroke care.
Heart and Vascular Specialty Care for Your Needs
- Prevention and risk assessment – Healthy Heart CT scan is a painless $75 test and can help uncover heart disease. The Women’s Heart Center risk assessment program personalizes heart care for the individual needs of each woman.
- Cardiac diagnostic imaging – Delivering high-quality tests improve diagnosis and treatment, including advanced Heart Flow testing, Cardiac MRI, and angiography CT.
- Cardiac rehabilitation and education – Ascension cardiac rehab is at many convenient locations close to home. We immerse you in your heart care recovery and provide nutrition counseling, exercises that strengthen your overall health, medication management, and consistent follow-up care.
- Coronary surgery – Our care team delivers by-pass surgery and stent interventions to clear the arterial blockages so that the blood can flow freely through the heart. Seton Heart Institute surgical team excels at performing complex bypass surgery, angiography CT and stent interventions and repair of an aneurysm (bulge in the heart wall or artery).
- Heart rhythm services – By correcting an arrhythmia (like Afib), we help prevent stroke and heart attacks. Our care team provides devices (Pacemaker, ICD, WATCHMAN®) and perform cardiac ablation procedures to fix the arrhythmia.
- Heart specialty care and heart transplant – Our care team provide solutions for all types of complex heart problems, including a pulmonary hypertension program, ventricular assist devices to bridge to heart transplantation, and advanced heart failure care.
- Structural heart valve care – By repairing or replacing a leaky heart valve, we address progressive heart disease to help prevent advanced heart failure.
Seton Heart Institute has a long history of being at the forefront of cardiovascular care. Here are our newest programs:
- Cardiac – oncology care when cancer treatments affect your heart
- Cardiac- stroke care clinic to help prevent recurrence of stroke and heart attack in a patient who already has cardiovascular disease.
- Vascular vein care for peripheral artery disease (PAD) and other
- circulation concerns using minimally invasive care techniques.
Our doctors are also physician-researchers in national, regional, and local cardiovascular clinical trials. Talk to your cardiologist if you want to learn more about participating in a clinical trial.
At Ascension Seton Dell Children’s in Austin, Texas, our pediatric cardiology care team delivers advanced heart care for the child with a congenital heart disorder.
We’re Here for Your Heart
Some heart conditions can be relatively mild, while others can be quite serious. The treatment your heart doctor recommends will depend on your diagnosis. As part of our commitment to delivering the best possible care with dignity and respect, we provide some of the most advanced heart health treatments in the nation.
At Ascension, we respond quickly to heart emergencies and deliver cardiac care that focuses on keeping you healthy for a lifetime. Our highly experienced cardiologists, vascular specialists, and electrophysiologists work together with a care team to utilize the latest technology, oral medication plans, and lifestyle recommendations for our overall health needs.
The Ascension experience means you get high-quality follow-up care by a compassionate care team. We personalize your care plan and even provide at-home telehealth monitoring if you need it. Together with your Ascension Medical Group primary care doctor, we aim to prevent heart attack, stroke and other diseases that affect heart-lung health.
Learn More About Heart Care:
Seton Heart Institute - Ascension Seton Northwest Medical Plaza
Our Seton Heart Institute care team provides specialty heart and vascular care at Ascension Seton Northwest Medical Plaza in Austin, Texas.
Make an Appointment
Seton Heart Institute - Medical Park Tower
In Austin, Texas, the Ascension Seton Heart Institute delivers compassionate, personalized heart and vascular care for the entire family.
Make an Appointment
Seton Heart Institute - Far West
On the far west side of Austin, the Seton Heart Institute team provides heart and vascular care in collaboration with the Austin Regional Clinic.
Make an Appointment