Choosing Ascension Wisconsin for AFib Treatment
Our Ascension Wisconsin heart care team includes highly experienced doctors and staff providing Atrial Fibrillation treatment.
Ascension Wisconsin Care for AFib
At Ascension Wisconsin, our care teams are committed to helping improve your heart’s health. In many cases, the feeling of a quiver or flutter in your chest can be a sign of Atrial Fibrillation (AFib). By scheduling an appointment with one of our cardiologists you are taking the first steps to improving your heart’s health and quality of life. Our heart care team can help provide a diagnosis and treatment option that is right for you.
Our doctors are experienced in providing quality, individualized care for a wide variety of heart and vascular needs, from helping you manage your high blood pressure to bringing renewed hope to patients with Atrial Fibrillation, Peripheral Artery Disease, Complex Heart Valve Disease and Pulmonary Embolisms and more.
Treatment for AFib
There is no one single treatment that is effective for all AFib patients. Treatment can depend on several factors, including the severity of your symptoms, how you will respond to a treatment, and the risks versus the benefits of the treatment.
Looking for a Second Opinion?
Decisions about your heart care are important. There are many reasons you may be seeking a second opinion. If your diagnosis and treatment are unclear or complex, a second opinion may be helpful. It’s important that you feel comfortable with your heart care treatment plan.
Ascension cardiac electrophysiology teams are here for you, to listen to you and to understand your needs, all to provide the best treatment plan for you.
Reasons for considering a second opinion:
- Your diagnosis or prognosis is unclear (you’re looking for reassurance and accuracy of diagnosis)
- You’ve been told you have a rare or life-threatening condition
- You would like to explore additional treatment options or ensure you are being presented with the best treatment option for you
- Your treatment options are costly or risky
- You have lost confidence in your current provider
- Your insurance requires a second opinion
Get the Care You Need
If you have a heart arrhythmia disorder like AFib, you can trust Ascension Wisconsin’s cardiac electrophysiology teams to manage your heart care. Ascension Wisconsin has eight electrophysiologists and ten advanced practice providers specializing in AFib with locations throughout southeast Wisconsin:
- Shariff Attaya, MD - Racine
- Michael Curley, MD - Franklin
- Sanjay Deshpande, MD - Milwaukee, Mequon, Sheboygan
- Daniel Hemsworth, MD - Wauwatosa, Brookfield
- Rashad Khazi Syed, MD - Milwaukee, Mequon
- Charles Lanzarotti, MD, FACC, FACP, FHRS - Milwaukee, Oak Creek
- Bernard Lim, MD - Racine
- Nguyen Phan, MD - Milwaukee, West Allis
Advanced Practice Providers:
Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital - Elmbrook Campus
Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital – Elmbrook Campus provides inpatient and outpatient hospital services and primary and 24/7 emergency care.
Ascension St. Francis Hospital
In south Milwaukee, Ascension St. Francis Hospital provides compassionate primary and specialty medical care, including emergency and urgent care.