Focusing on Prostate Cancer Surveillance
Urologists and care teams at Ascension Wisconsin deliver men's health care for prostate, urinary and genital concerns.
Prostate Cancer Surveillance
Prostate cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer among males in Wisconsin. If you are at risk, you should have an annual PSA screening test and a men’s health examination. The older you are, the higher your risk for developing prostate cancer. Family history of prostate cancer or being an African-American male increases your risk.
Our compassionate and personalized care helps our patients physically and emotionally. Our urologists can advise and provide the information you need to make an informed decision. If prostate cancer is detected, these doctors provide coordinated care with the radiation oncologist and medical oncologist. Prostate cancer can be very treatable when detected early.
Cancer Care Team
Our cancer care team includes cancer specialists, patient navigators, dietitians and rehab therapists. Our programs focus on strengthening your bone health following androgen deprivation therapy and other treatments. We work together to create a personalized care plan that’s right for you.
Find a Doctor
- William Annesley, MD
- Pedro Banda, MD
- Arman Cicic, DO
- W. Patrick Flanagan, MD
- Christopher Kearns, MD
- David Sandock, MD
- Elliot Silbar, MD
- Peter Slocum, MD
- Christopher Walsh, MD
North Central Wisconsin
Innovative Cancer Care
Prostate cancer treatment is not one-size-fits-all. Our doctors work with you to determine the best way to monitor and treat your cancer. We offer precision radiation therapy to target the cancer and spare healthy tissue. We look at ways to improve the delivery of targeted radiation therapy while reducing the side effects.
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) targets the prostate and delivers precision radiation in fewer treatments.
- Brachytherapy delivers radiation from inside the prostate to target the cancer. We use proven cancer treatment protocols and the most up-to-date technology.
- Dual chemotherapy + hormone therapy improves survival in hormone-resistant metastatic prostate cancer.
- Robotic assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy (RALP) is a minimally invasive treatment option that results in faster recovery, shortened hospital stays, decreased blood loss and better nerve preservation.
Full service cancer centers
At Ascension Wisconsin, our care teams listen to your concerns and work with you to determine the appropriate care plan. If cancer is detected, our cancer care team has proactive treatments that help your long-term needs. Our radiation oncologists, medical oncologists and specialty care surgeons deliver advanced care for all stages of cancer.
Southeast Wisconsin Cancer Centers
- Sherman Cancer Center ‒ Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital - Elmbrook Campus (Brookfield, WI)
- Reiman Cancer Center ‒ Ascension SE Wisconsin St. Francis (Franklin, WI)
- Polly and Bill Van Dyke Cancer Center ‒ Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Ozaukee (Mequon, WI)
- Polly and Bill Van Dyke Cancer Center ‒ Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI)
- Ascension All Saints Hospital Cancer Center (Racine, WI)
- Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital ‒ Mayfair Road Cancer Care (Wauwatosa, WI)
Northeast Wisconsin Cancer Centers
- Ascension NE Wisconsin – St. Elizabeth Campus Cancer Center (Appleton, WI)
- Ascension Calumet Hospital Cancer Care (Chilton, WI)
- Michael D. Wachtel Cancer Center – Ascension NE Wisconsin - Mercy Campus (Oshkosh, WI)
North Central Wisconsin Cancer Centers
- Ascension St. Michael's Hospital Cancer Center (Stevens Point, WI)
- James Beck Cancer Center – Ascension St. Mary's Hospital (Rhinelander, WI)
Featured Blog Article
Ascension provider, Ali Mahdavid, MD, shares his insight on understanding cancer stages.