Compassionate, Personalized Cancer Care Near You
A cancer diagnosis can turn your world upside down. Our team strives to provide the best care for your mind, body and spirit.
Northeast Wisconsin Cancer Centers
You don’t have to drive far in the Fox Valley, to get compassionate and personalized cancer care. Ascension Northeast Wisconsin Cancer Centers in Appleton and Oshkosh give you access to highly knowledgeable and experienced doctors and extensive services. We focus on all aspects of your care so that you can maintain a quality of life throughout your cancer journey.
- Cancer screening and diagnostic testing
- High-risk surveillance
- Personalized care plan
- Access to innovative treatments and clinical trials
Have questions? Talk to our Cancer Center triage nurse, 920-831-8900.
Every member of the Cancer Care team is involved in your long-term survivorship care:
- Surgeons use the hidden scar technique and minimally invasive procedures whenever possible.
- Medical Oncologists (Hematologists) apply the best chemo-medication therapies for your cancer diagnosis.
- Radiation Oncologists use advanced radiation therapies to destroy the cancer but not the healthy tissue or organs.
- Diagnostic radiologists and pathologists use their expertise to identity cancer type and stage.
- Palliative Care specialists focus on relieving symptoms, pain and stress caused by cancer.
- Cancer rehab is available before, during, and after cancer treatment to help patients improve daily functioning and quality of life.
- Nurse navigators, dietitians, and social workers provide education, address concerns, and advocate for your needs while connecting you with community resources
Find A Cancer Care Doctor
Daily our cancer specialists huddle and discuss the needs of each patient. We collaborate to address all issues and concerns for better care and outcomes.
- Kamal Abbi, MD
- Brian Burnette, MD
- David Groteluschen, MD
- Bradley Heraly, MD
- Anthony Jaslowski, MD
- Jerry Winkler, MD
Surgeons – Cancer Care
- Deidre Flanagan, MD
- Ping Lady, MD
- Robert McDonald, MD
- Christopher Wagner, MD
- Michael Foley, MD
- Kenneth Bruder, MD
We also participate in clinical trials that benefit our patients. All cancer care locations in Appleton and Oshkosh, Wisconsin, are clinical trial sites. Your doctor and our research coordinator can explain the benefits of clinical trials and if you are eligible.
Prevention and Treatment for all Types of Cancer
Ascension is at the forefront of early detection screening tests, advanced diagnostic imaging and treatments for all types of cancer, including:
- Breast – 3D Mammography; all-breast ultrasound; hidden scar surgical expertise
- Lung – Low-dose CT lung scans and robotic-assisted thoracic surgery
- Colon – GI minimally invasive robotic procedures
- Blood (Leukemia, Lymphoma, Myeloma) – medication therapies including novel chemotherapy regimens
- Prostate – Precision radiotherapy from stereotactic body radiation therapy to high- or low-dose brachytherapy
You’ll experience a dedicated and compassionate team. We understand that a cancer diagnosis is overwhelming. Our doctors are honest and sincere and give you options as part of our shared decision-making process. Our nurse navigators connect with you at the time of diagnosis and walk with you throughout your journey to provide education, support, and address any needs you might have.
Advanced Diagnostic Cancer Imaging Close to Home
We offer advanced medical imaging and the expertise of radiologists well-trained in diagnosing pre-cancerous tumors and invasive cancers. With our onsite technology, we can precisely diagnose and monitor even the smallest tumors in less time. Having this level of accuracy close to home improves treatment.
- 3-D mammography (tomosynthesis) and breast ultrasound imaging complements digital mammography when you need more advanced testing. See our Breast Health services
- Our radiologists work closely with the surgeons to perform biopsies.
Medical Oncology Expertise
We customize medication therapies for each patient’s treatment plan. Our nurses provide compassionate and personalized care throughout your cancer experience.
Surgeons Treating the Person, not Just the Disease
Our surgeons perform many types of procedures to remove cancerous tumors and treat disease surgically. We have surgeons who are trained and certified in oncoplastic surgery for breast cancer. That means while we focus on ridding you of the cancer, we also focus on restoring emotional healing with better cosmetic outcomes.
Our surgeons excel at performing minimally invasive procedures and using the hidden scar technique, whenever possible. As one surgeon expressed, “In a perfect world, the patient can’t tell that I even did surgery.”
The surgeons are an integral part of the cancer care team. We spend a lot of time with each patient educating you about your cancer diagnosis and the best surgical treatment approach. It’s a coordinated effort with the radiation oncologist, medical oncologist and all care team members.
Radiation Oncology has High-tech Advantages
Radiation therapy uses high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells. Radiotherapy is often given in combination with surgery or chemotherapy to more successfully destroy cancer. Our highly experienced radiation oncologists offer targeted, precision radiation therapies:
- CT-based treatment planning
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Brachytherapy - high dose rate (HDR) and low dose rate (LDR)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) and Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy (VMAT)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Radiosurgery to treat brain tumors
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
At St. Elizabeth Hospital and Mercy Hospital, our compassionate approach starts from the time of diagnosis and is present at every step of your journey. For more information, see events.
Ascension NE Wisconsin - St. Elizabeth Campus
To get great care for your everyday life, visit us today to receive compassionate, personalized care.
Michael D. Wachtel Cancer Center - Ascension NE Wisconsin - Mercy Campus
Our doctors at Ascension Wisconsin in Oshkosh, WI, deliver compassionate, personalized cancer care that’s right for you.
Make an Appointment
Ascension Calumet at Chilton
To get great care for your everyday life, visit River District Family Practice - Algonac where you’ll receive compassionate, personalized care.
Make an Appointment