Hematology Expertise to Treat Blood Diseases
Oncologists at Ascension Wisconsin deliver advanced medical oncology and infusion therapy services at our cancer centers.
Treating Blood Cancer
There are different types of blood cancer, such as leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Hematologists diagnose and treat blood diseases, both benign (non-cancerous) and malignant (cancerous). Medical oncologists evaluate and treat cancers, including blood cancers. At Ascension Wisconsin, our hematologists are also medical oncologists. These specialists analyze the health of your blood and bone marrow in respect to your total health. They have the knowledge and experience to treat various types of blood cancers and blood disorders, such as anemia and blood clotting issues. Induction therapy for leukemia patients is one of our specialties. Fatigue, a chronic cough, swollen abdomen, enlarged lymph node, and other distressing symptoms may be a sign of cancer. If you are experiencing these symptoms, talk with your doctor.
Find a Doctor
- Mark Choi, MD
- Francis Cuevas, MD
- Syed Hassan, MD
- Peter Johnson, MD
- Michael Keefe, MD
- Leena Varkey Maramattom, MD
- Ranveer Nand, MD
- Anand Patel, MD
- Douglas Puffer, MD
- Varsha Shah, MD
- Johnathan Treisman, MD
North Central Wisconsin
From diagnosis to follow-up care, we deliver compassionate, personalized care at every step of your cancer journey. We deliver innovative medication therapies to treat more than 50 different subtypes of lymphoma, leukemia and multiple myeloma.
Delivering personalized cancer care
Our doctors and nurses listen to understand your health care needs and concerns, and answer your questions. Then, we deliver a care plan with personalized cancer treatments and support programs. Our medical, radiation and surgical oncologists, oncology-certified nurses, palliative care specialists, genetic counselors, patient navigators, social workers, financial advocates, dietitians, chaplains, and cancer rehabilitation specialists focus on your needs.
Our medical oncology and hematology services include blood testing, lymph node biopsy, bone marrow aspiration, and a variety of treatment options. Chemotherapy can be taken as oral medicine or as IV infusion therapy. Our doctors, nurses and pharmacists provide education to help you understand and manage your cancer. We also offer targeted radiation therapies for lymphoma and myeloma.
Full service cancer centers
At Ascension Wisconsin, our care teams listen to your concerns and work with you to determine the appropriate care plan. If cancer is detected, our cancer care team has proactive treatments that help your long-term needs. Our radiation oncologists, medical oncologists and specialty care surgeons deliver advanced care for all stages of cancer.
Southeast Wisconsin Cancer Centers
- Sherman Cancer Center ‒ Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital - Elmbrook Campus (Brookfield, WI)
- Reiman Cancer Center ‒ Ascension SE Wisconsin St. Francis (Franklin, WI)
- Polly and Bill Van Dyke Cancer Center ‒ Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Ozaukee (Mequon, WI)
- Polly and Bill Van Dyke Cancer Center ‒ Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI)
- Ascension All Saints Hospital Cancer Center (Racine, WI)
- Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital ‒ Mayfair Road Cancer Care (Wauwatosa, WI)
Northeast Wisconsin Cancer Centers
- Ascension NE Wisconsin – St. Elizabeth Campus Cancer Center (Appleton, WI)
- Ascension Calumet Hospital Cancer Care (Chilton, WI)
- Michael D. Wachtel Cancer Center – Ascension NE Wisconsin - Mercy Campus (Oshkosh, WI)
North Central Wisconsin Cancer Centers
- Ascension St. Michael's Hospital Cancer Center (Stevens Point, WI)
- James Beck Cancer Center – Ascension St. Mary's Hospital (Rhinelander, WI)
Advancing Cancer Care through Clinical Trials
Ascension Wisconsin cancer centers participate in ongoing clinical trials to improve patient outcomes. To learn more about our clinical trials, contact the Ascension Wisconsin Research Institute by calling 414-635-6420 or emailing AWRI.Inquiry@ascension.org.
Our Palliative Care Specialists focus on relieving symptoms, pain and stress caused by cancer. Download the Palliative Care Guide for Patients and Families.
Learn more about our comprehensive cancer care services.
Featured Blog Article
Ascension provider, Ali Mahdavid, MD, shares his insight on understanding cancer stages.