Ascension St. Vincent's Behavioral Health
Our care teams at Ascension St. Vincent’s Behavioral Health are here to help you and deliver care that’s right for you.
Primary Care Behavioral Health Services
The behavioral healthcare you need, when and where you need it
At Ascension St. Vincent’s, our care teams diagnose and treat a wide range of mental illnesses. We care about how these disorders may affect physical and emotional health. Our care team offers programs to address complications linked to mental illness, including drug and alcohol addiction, family conflicts, and social isolation. We’re here to listen and understand.
Our doctors, counselors, social workers and care teams at Ascension St. Vincent’s offer personalized, compassionate care for a wide range of behavioral health conditions. Together, we deliver a care plan that addresses prevention, interventions, treatments and recovery support services.
In addition to 13 outpatient offices across North Florida and South Georgia, we offer virtual or telehealth appointments so that you can get the mental healthcare you need, when and where you need it - even from the comfort of your own home. Call our centralized Primary Care Behavioral Health line to learn more, 904-308-3751.
Behavioral health conditions and services
No matter what struggles you face, we’re here to offer hope and a commitment to helping youfeel better. Our behavioral health services include treatments for, but not limited to:
- Behaviors and stress affecting your physical health
- Couple and family conflicts
- Dementia and depression in the elderly
- Emotional health (anger management)
- Grief and loss
- Mental health diseases (anxiety and depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, phobias and more)
- Problems adjusting to changes in your life (school, divorce, unemployment, retirement or disability)
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD)
- Self-image and gender-identity
- Substance abuse and addictions (alcohol, drugs, tobacco)
- Women’s health (perinatal mood and anxiety disorder)
- Our behavioral health clinic offers specialty care programs for children and adolescents:
- ADD/ADHD (autism spectrum disorder)
- Adolescent alcohol and drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Chronic pain and physical inactivity
- Sleeping difficulties
- Caregiver burnout and stress
- Sexual harassment or abuse
At your first appointment, our care team does a behavioral and mental health assessment. We deliver personalized, compassionate care for your needs in a non-judgemental environment. Our care team listens to understand your concerns. Behavioral health conditions often affect the entire family physically and emotionally. Our team approach offers family-centered care and counseling.
Serious and complex health problems may affect your mental health and how you manage pain. Our care team helps patients who are hypersensitive to pain or who experience depression while recovering from heart surgery, intensive critical care or cancer therapy. We are sensitive to the needs of seniors and how aging and dementia may affect your mental and emotional health. Together, we deliver care that helps improve your quality of life.
Inpatient full and partial treatment programs
At Ascension St. Vincent’s Southside, our intensive-outpatient and partial-hospital programs provide care for adolescents and adults. The hospital team of psychiatrists, certified substance abuse counselors, licensed clinical social workers, and nurses deliver intensive outpatient care. Our care teams also help coordinate care when transitioning to outpatient counseling, social work, case management and other services.
For life-threatening medical emergencies involving suicidal thoughts, potential drug overdose or self-harm, go to the nearest ER and call 9-1-1.
Ascension Medical Group St. Vincent's Behavioral Health - Riverside
Make an Appointment