About Ascension Medical Group Bariatric Institute of Wisconsin
The Ascension Medical Group Bariatric Institute of Wisconsin Center provides a total care plan for long-term weight loss with bariatric surgery.
Failure is one weight loss option we don’t offer! We’ve helped many people just like you take the first step to a better life. The team at Ascension Bariatric Institute of Wisconsin were among the first to develop new minimally invasive approaches, while offering a host of advanced procedures tailored to your individual needs. For more than 19 years, we have offered hope to those struggling with morbid obesity! We are known for:
- Our excellence in bariatric surgery procedures which include gastric bypass, gastric sleeve and BPD-DS. Three surgical options, each tailored to fit your body and your lifestyle’s unique needs.
- Innovative robotic-assisted surgical techniques to improve overall outcomes and recovery
- Compassionate and personalized care including two monthly comprehensive support group meetings.
- Consistent communication and education about how to make dietary and lifestyle changes during every stage of your journey.
Take the first step and call 262-785-7770.
Exceeding Standards for Quality Care
Our focus on excellence and consistent high-quality care is recognized by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons, and the American College of Surgeons. These designations are based on surgical volumes and impressive surgical outcomes that demonstrate to the public and the insurance industry the highest standard of patient care.
Health insurance recognitions include:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Blue Center of Distinction for Bariatric Surgery
- CIGNA 3 Star Quality Bariatric Center Designation
- United Resource Network Center of Excellence
These recognitions mean patients who have surgery at Ascension SE Wisconsin - Elmbrook have a lower risk of experiencing a complication while receiving specialized care during their hospital stay.
Specializing in Bariatric Surgical Procedures with Weight Management and Nutrition Guidance
At Ascension, our doctors, nurse practitioners, registered dietitians, behavioral health therapists and physical therapists have additional training and long-term experience in bariatric medicine.
The Bariatric Institute has highly experienced surgeons specializing in laparoscopic and robotic surgery including:
- Gastric bypass
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Duodenal switch procedures
Our team approach personalizes your care and brings the team to you throughout this journey. We address the physical, mental and emotional needs of our patients giving you a well-balanced, and healthy approach to sustainable weight management.
Our customized treatment plans help you achieve the safe, long term results you’ve been looking for. Significant weight loss allows you to better manage serious diseases and conditions associated with obesity such as:
- Arthritis, back and joint pain
- Heart disease
- High cholesterol
- Sleep apnea
Significant Weight Loss with Close Monitoring
The benefit of bariatric surgery is of course weight loss but also the reduction in diseases associated with obesity and the medications used to manage those diseases.
Together as a team we can improve your overall health and well-being. We give you the tools and support you need. We provide a thorough pre-op evaluation, education and will give you a customized care plan that typically involves five years of follow-up care and monitoring. After that time, we provide long-term weight management services to support, sustainable, weight loss and continued good health.
Reversing Type 2 Diabetes and Hypertension
One of the most significant changes we see is the improvement, and sometimes the resolution of, type 2 diabetes.
It’s often the little daily things our patients celebrate most:
- The ability to cross your legs
- The ability to get on the floor and play with children
- No longer requiring a seatbelt extender when flying
- To be able to walk up and down steps
- To not be out of breath
Not only does your physical health improve, but so does your energy level to engage in life. Ask our doctor if you are a candidate for bariatric surgery.
The Bariatric Institute of Wisconsin offers assistance in understanding your medical insurance benefits or information on our self-pay option if your insurance policy does not include benefits for bariatric surgery.