Community Benefit Reports
Learn how our programs and services help improve the overall health of the communities we serve, and provide quality healthcare to all who need it.
Community Health Improvement Process
Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s delivers the promise of its mission statement through an established structure of a Community Health Improvement Committee at each hospital including Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee, Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Ozaukee and Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Institute. The structure is established consistent with our policy. Each Committee developed a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) which led to a Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). The CHNA and CHIP were incorporated into the health system’s strategic plan, the Integrated Strategic and Operational and Financial Plan (ISOFP).
The website contains the CHNA and CHIP information for each hospital, including the data sources used to generate the final documents.
Community Health Needs Assessment and Community Health Improvement Plans
- 2019 Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Milwaukee
- Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital Ozaukee
- Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Institute
- Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin
- CHNA and Implementation Strategy for CSM Ozaukee 2017 - 2020
Archives of Prior Documents
- MHCP CHNA Report 2016
- CHNA and Implementation Strategy for CSM Ozaukee 2015 - 2017
- CHNA for CSM Milwaukee, Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin and Sacred Heart Rehabilitation Institute 2013
- CHNA MHCP Executive Summary 2012-2013
- CHNA for CSM Ozaukee 2013 - 2015
2018 Community Benefit in Wisconsin
From July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018, Ascension Wisconsin's benefit to the communities we serve totaled more than $292 million. Whether in Southeast Wisconsin, the Fox Valley or North-Central Wisconsin, our commitment to community benefit reflects our Mission to serve all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Through community benefits programs or activities, we can:
- Improve access to health services
- Advance medical or health knowledge
- Enhance population health
- Reduce the burden of government to improve health