We offer you the following resources to assist with travel, hotel accommodations and area guides to make your hospital stay as comfortable as possible. When making hotel reservations be sure to mention Columbia St. Mary's to receive the discounted rate at applicable locations.
Milwaukee has a lot to offer and visitors are routinely surprised by the beautiful views along Lake Michigan and genuine friendliness of our community. We are proud to offer a full array of cultural arts and the expansion of our Milwaukee Art Museum was named "Best Design of 2001" by Time Magazine (as pictured on the official visitors guide). Additional information is available via the Greater Milwaukee Convention & Visitor's Bureau website at www.officialmilwaukee.org.
Mitchell International Airport is located at 5300 South Howell Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53207 approximately 20 minutes south of downtown Milwaukee.
- Air Canada
- AirTran Airways
- American Airlines
- Comair (The Delta Connection)
- Continental Express
- Great Lakes Airlines
- United Express
- US Airways Express
Online Travel Agents
You may also arrange air travel through online travel agents like:
If plans include a car rental, you'll find that Milwaukee is an easy city in which to drive. You can get driving directions to our locations at Mapquest.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Many locations in the Milwaukee area,
- Dollar Rent-A-Car
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- Thrifty Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rentals
- Avis Car Rental
- Budget Car Rental
- American United Taxicab Service, Inc.
- Yellow Cab Co-Op
The following hotels offer discounted rates for patients and their family members. When making hotel reservations, be sure to mention Columbia St. Mary's to receive this rate. Some of these fine hotels include free shuttle service to/from the airport as well as to the hospital(s).
- Amabassador Hotel www.ambassdormilwaukee.com
- Hilton Milwaukee River www.hilton.com
- Comfort Inn & Suites (formerly Park East Hotel): www.parkeasthotel.com
- The Baymont Inn & Suites - NE/Glendale www.stayglendale.com
Outstanding hotel accommodations can be found at a variety of downtown locations listed below. For a complete listing of accommodations please refer to www.officialmilwaukee.org
- Astor Hotel www.theastorhotel.com
- Best Western Inn Towne Hotel www.inntownehotel.com
- Comfort Inn and Suites Downtown Lakeshore www.comfortinn.com/hotel-milwaukee-wisconsin-WI138
- County Clare, An Irish Inn & Pub www.countyclare-inn.com
- Courtyard by Marriott Milwaukee Downtown www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mkedt-courtyard-milwaukee-downtown/
- Doubletree Milwaukee City Center doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/MKECCDT/index.do
- Hampton Inn & Suites www.hamptonmilwaukee.com/
- Hilton Milwaukee City Center at www.hiltonmilwaukee.com
- Hotel Metro www.hotelmetro.com
- Hotel Pfister www.thepfisterhotel.com
- Hyatt Regency www.milwaukee.hyatt.com
- The Saint Kate www.saintkatearts.com
- Knickerbocker on the Lake www.knickerbockeronthelake.com/
- Marriott's Residence Inn marriott.com
- Pfister Hotel www.thepfisterhotel.com
- Ramada City Centre www.ramadacitycentre.com
- Residence Inn by Marriott –Downtown Milwaukee https://www.residenceinn.com/reservations/
- Wyndham Hotel www.wyndham.com
Families and patients at The Wisconsin Chiari Center may also stay at Milwaukee’s Kathy’s House. The mission of Kathy’s House is to be a “Home Away From Home” when families are in need of care in the Milwaukee Area. Kathy’s House is dedicated to providing patients and their caregivers with a warm and welcome environment during their stay in Milwaukee. Patients and guests are welcomed through a referral system. Please visit the Kathy’s House website for more information. The Wisconsin Chiari Center is happy to provide referrals.
- Kathy’s House www.kathys-house.org
Milwaukee is renowned for its fine ethnic cuisine! There is something to tantalize any taste - from German, to Italian, French, Irish, Mexican, Indian, Greek and English, to brats, burgers and frozen custard. You are certain to find a spot that satisfies your craving - the choice is yours. Click here for more information. http://www.officialmilwaukee.org/visitors/diningnightlife/