Ascension St. Michael’s Hospital in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, delivers experienced, personalized maternity care.
At Ascension St. Michael’s, our maternity care team starts by listening to you to deliver care that’s right for you and your baby. Our OB-GYN doctors and nurse practitioners specialize in women’s healthcare, at every stage of life. We don’t just deliver babies at our birthing center. We deliver personalized care before, during and after pregnancy. From prenatal, pregnancy and birthing care to childbirth classes and breastfeeding support, we provide healthcare close to home. If you need a women’s health doctor, we can help.
A birth plan with options
Our OB-GYN doctors and pediatricians are here to support you and your baby. No pregnancy is the same. With 24/7 OB and anesthesia coverage, our hospital maternity care team is responsive to your labor and delivery needs. At Ascension, we provide family-centered birth suites with home-like comforts. Working together, we help deliver a memorable birth experience.
- Baby-Friendly USA Designated Hospital
- Named a 2020 Top 100 Rural & Community Hospital by The Chartis Center for Rural Health
- Birthing options including natural birth without epidural and Vaginal Birth After C-Section (VBAC)
- Birthing pain relief options including nitrous oxide, aromatherapy, IV pain medication or epidural
- High-risk pregnancy care
- Advanced, in-office live 4D ultrasound, wireless fetal monitoring and lab services
- Room service with celebratory meal
- Lactation support
- Special care nursery for babies born premature (after 35 weeks)
- Specialty pediatric care with 24/7 coverage