If you’re uninsured or have trouble paying for healthcare, Ascension may be able to help help through our financial partnerships and resources.
Summary of Financial Assistance Policy
Ascension has a commitment to and respect for each person’s dignity with a special concern for those who struggle with barriers to access healthcare services. Ascension has an equal commitment to manage its healthcare resources as a service to the entire community. In furtherance of these principles, Ascension provides financial assistance for certain individuals who receive emergency or other medically necessary care from Ascension. This summary provides a brief overview of Ascension’s Financial Assistance Policy.
Financial Assistance Information and Application
- Financial Assistance Program overview (PDF)
- Financial Assistance Policy (PDF)
- Financial Assistance Policy Covered Providers List (PDF)
- Community Care Financial Assistance application (PDF)
- Billing and Collections Policy (PDF)
Who Is Eligible?
You may be able to get financial assistance. Financial assistance is generally determined by your total household income as compared to the Federal Poverty Level. If your income is less than or equal to 250% of the Federal Poverty Level, you will receive a 100% charity care write-off on the portion of the charges for which you are responsible. If your income is above 250% of the Federal Poverty Level but does not exceed 400% of the Federal Poverty Level, you may receive discounted rates on a sliding scale. Patients who are eligible for financial assistance will not be charged more for eligible care than the amounts generally billed to patients with insurance coverage.
How Can I Apply?
To apply for financial assistance, you typically will complete a written application and provide supporting documentation, as described in the Financial Assistance Policy and the Financial Assistance application.
How Can I Get Help with an Application?
For help with a Financial Assistance Policy application, you may contact the Flambeau Hospital Business Department at 715-762-7540.
How Can I Get More Information?
Copies of the Financial Assistance Policy and Financial Assistance application form are available free of charge:
- Visit Flambeau Hospital and request an application at any registration area.
- Call our Business Department at 715-762-7540
Working with local, state and national leaders, we advocate for solutions to cover the uninsured and underinsured. In addition to our Financial Assistance Program, these resources provide helpful information:
- Your Connection to Programs for Health, Nutrition and Child Care
- Government Health Insurance Finder
- "From Coverage to Care: A Roadmap to Better Care and a Healthier You" PDF from the Center for Medicare and Medicaid