Ascension Eagle River Hospital, the first critical-access hospital in Wisconsin, proudly cares for Eagle River and the surrounding community.
Eagle River Hospital has a wide range inpatient care and outpatient services. We treat the problem, not just the symptoms. The Ascension Medical Group includes knowledgeable doctors and nurse practitioners. At Ascension, your care team gives you access to timely testing and treatments closer to home.
- 24/7 Emergency Room with board-certified doctors are onsite for all types of medical emergencies, including heart attack, stroke, fractures, burns, and lacerations.
- Paramedic ambulance team serves Eagle River and surrounding communities. For critically injured, our medical air transport team coordinates with Eagle River Hospital and when needed, the closest trauma center.
- Surgery Center with a highly experienced surgical team; minimally invasive procedures are available when appropriate.
Extensive radiology and laboratory services provide convenient diagnostic imaging and lab testing, including mobile MRI, CT scans, ultrasound imaging and breast health mammography.
Specialty care includes diabetes management, cancer care management, breast health and women's health services, urology, and physical therapy. If you are hospitalized and need additional skilled nursing and physical therapy for your continued recovery, our hospital swing-bed program is Medicare certified.
Eagle River Hospital is part of the Ascension Wisconsin network of care. Other convenient locations include:
- Ascension St. Mary’s at Eagle River clinic
- OB and maternity services at the Women’s Birth Center in Rhinelander
- Cancer care at the James Beck Cancer Center - Ascension St. Mary's Hospital
- Behavioral and Mental Health services at the Ascension Koller Behavioral Health Center in Rhinelander.
Wisconsin Rehabilitation Services at this location include physical therapy. Our licensed therapists treat all types of conditions with personalized, non-surgical therapies to improve function and mobility.
Learn more about Ascension Wisconsin Sites of Care.