Steps to Volunteer
Volunteers help ensure patients receive better care at Ascension.
Please review the following volunteer requirements.
Completing the Forms
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds. To ensure our patients’ well-being and help you have the best possible volunteer experience, Ascension requires that all volunteers complete the following forms. If applicant is under 18 or requires legal guardianship, the forms must be reviewed and signed by the parent/guardian.
- State of Wisconsin Background Information Disclosure Form - Instructions
- State of Wisconsin Background Information Disclosure Form - Mercy Hospital
- Volunteer Health Assessment Form - Mercy Hospital
If applicant is under 18 or requires legal guardianship; The Volunteer Agreement Form and Ascension’s Universal Request for Background Check form must also be reviewed and signed by the parent/guardian. The Background Check form is needed to complete a national background check. Other volunteers will receive a link to complete this form after the interview. Conviction or pending charges may not automatically disqualify an applicant from consideration for a position. The conviction for the crime will be considered as it relates to the volunteer assignment.
Send all completed forms via one of these methods:
After we receive your application, required forms and check your references, you will be contacted by Volunteer Services staff.
What to Expect Next
Interview with Volunteer Services
- Discover your areas of interest and possible assignments
Background and Health Screening
- A criminal and caregiver background check will be completed.
- Meet with an associate health nurse for a health check
- A seasonal influenza immunization (flu shot) or approved declination (based on facility)
- A blood draw to test for TB and for immunities to measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (chicken pox)
Complete Ascension Mercy Orientation
Complete Other Orientations and Trainings
- Volunteer Services orientation
- Assignment specific training