Welcome to Pastoral Care at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital.
The Saint Thomas Health pastoral care department is a group of dedicated APC/NACC Board-Certified chaplains, Clinical Pastoral Education students, and trained pastoral care volunteers from various faith traditions who serve throughout the entire system. At Saint Thomas Midtown we have three staff chaplains, including a priest, who serve alongside our students and volunteers. As a department, we strive to minister to the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, families, and staff. We promote the dignity of persons through our mission-driven ministry and patient-centered care. We are advocates for those in our care and strive to support their goals, wishes, and wholeness.
What We Offer
- Visitation and support for patients and families coping with an illness, difficult diagnosis, crisis, rehabilitation, and/or grief and loss
- Support for a wide variety of spiritual, cultural, and religious needs including the sacramental needs of various traditions
- Presence and support at a time of physical or spiritual crisis
- Presence and support when representatives from one's faith community are unavailable
- Spiritual and emotional support and conversation
- Ecumenical Service in the chapel on Sunday at noon
Catholic Mass is celebrated on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 12:00 noon.
Catholic sacramental ministry is available 24/7 through the PBX operator at 615-284-6543.
Eucharistic ministry is provided on a daily basis.
Priestly visitation is available for emergencies and upon request.