Pre-admission testing gives your physician and anesthesiologist important information about your current state of health before your surgery.
Pre-admission Testing gives your physician and anesthesiologist important information about your current state of health before your surgery.
During your Pre-Admission Testing visit:
- Your health history and medication information will be reviewed.
- Several tests will be performed, including diagnostic blood tests, urinalysis and any other tests that may be ordered by your physician.
- You will receive information about your anesthesia.
If you are under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must sign the consent forms required for testing and surgery.
To schedule your PAT appointment, call: 615-284-5219.
Pre-Admission Testing is available Mon-Fri 5am-4pm.
Directions to Pre-Admission Screening
Registration and pre-admission screening are located on the First Floor of the hospital (Kidd Building Lobby - 20th Avenue entrance). Designated parking is available in the 20th Avenue Garage (between State and Patterson Street).
What To Bring
When you come to Pre-Admission Testing, please bring:
- All of your medications, including over-the-counter medications and supplements
- Your insurance card for completing your admission form.
- Any physician orders or records you’ve received.
- A copy of your living will and/or durable power of attorney for your medical record (optional).
- Guardianship papers, if appropriate.