Welcome to the Saint Thomas Health Foundation, where giving is simple, convenient, secure and impactful!
No matter what the size, your generous support will help guide the future of healthcare in Middle Tennessee and ensure everyone has access to the highest quality of care from the most compassionate care givers.
Whether you want to support education and research, advocate for women's and children's services, or improve the quality of life for patients, 100% of every donation to the Foundation goes directly to our programs.
Ascension Saint Thomas Foundation - Scholarship Application
2020 scholarship applications are now closed.
Eligibility and Award Criteria
Eligibility for the program is restricted to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Employed by Saint Thomas Health prior to March 1 for a fall semester award and prior to August 1 for a spring semester award.
- Accepted into an approved and accredited academic program at the time of scholarship distribution.
- Achieved a satisfactory achievement rating in most recent performance review and not currently involved in any disciplinary process.
- Completed the application (inclusive of recommendations, submission of any required transcripts or proof of admissions) by submission deadlines.
- Demonstrated some basis of financial need as evidenced in your application.
Once a candidate is deemed eligible for consideration, all applications are reviewed by the Scholarship Committee. Those applicants who demonstrate strong academic ability, a commitment to Saint Thomas Heath and the mission, an interest in pursuing a field of study that meets industry demand and have financial need shall be given first consideration.
Scholarship awards are ultimately based on availability of funds and the Foundation's ability to make awards from restricted funds with specific parameters as determined by the donor. Once a recipient is notified they have received an award, all scholarship recipients must also comply with the following:
- Scholarship recipients are required to participate in our donor stewardship program by providing thank-you notes whenever a specific donor is involved in an award. Saint Thomas Health Foundation will notify those recipients who are required to comply.
- On occasion donors enjoy meeting their scholarship recipients and mandatory events or gatherings will occur to facilitate an opportunity for donors and recipients to meet. Saint Thomas Health Foundation will notify those recipients who are required to comply.
The scholarship program is intended to provide educational opportunities to Saint Thomas Health Associates who will then serve the institution and its patients with enhanced knowledge and skill. We ask that no Associate apply who has knowledge or intention of leaving Saint Thomas Health during a school term or within 12 months after graduation. Some funds have specific guidelines on reimbursement should this occur. Saint Thomas Health reserves the right to seek scholarship reimbursement from those recipients who leave Saint Thomas within 12 months after the school term a scholarship award was used.
Instructions and Mandatory Requirements:
- Using your Ascension email, click here to complete and submit your application online.
- A recommendation letter must be submitted from your Saint Thomas Health manager to Scholarships@ascension.org
- Optional: A reference letter may be submitted from a colleague, mentor or professor as an additional recommendation to Scholarships@ascension.org at your discretion.