Wellness Center at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital
Committed to Medically-Based Fitness Since 1986.
The Wellness Center is a medically based fitness facility that offers exercise and educational programs, fitness testing and evaluation, group exercise classes, nutrition counseling, wellness and post-clinical-care programs, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation. It was developed to serve the wellness, health promotion and fitness needs of our employee associates and patients, as well as the residential and corporate community. By choosing the right program, you can achieve the optimal fitness and overall health of your lifetime!
1840 Medical Center Parkway Suite 203
Murfreesboro, TN 37130
If you are interested in becoming a member, or if you have any questions regarding our programs and services, please feel free to contact us:
Hours of Operation
FREE Valet Parking Mon-Fri: 7:30am-4pm
Hear testimonials from patients and staff on why they believe the Wellness Center at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital is the best kept secret in Rutherford County.
Facility and Equipment
We house an array of equipment to build both aerobic endurance as well as muscular strength. This includes aerobic and strength training equipment. All of our equipment is within view of 7 flat screen TV’s with FM transmitter capability.
Please contact us to further discuss our equipment and facility.
Personal Trainers and Staff
Our registered nurses, exercise physiologists, respiratory therapist, registrar and registered dietitians customize fitness and nutritional programs to enable members to meet personal goals safely. The entire staff is committed to helping individuals make positive lifestyle changes. Greeted by a friendly face, our volunteers offer a welcoming voice and provide membership resources.
Choosing to work with one of our degreed, experienced and certified personal trainers is a great choice to get you started. Your personal trainer will thoroughly assess your situation and carefully consider your goals to plan a customized, individualized and unique fitness program, enabling you to improve your fitness level and change your body. Your Personal Trainer will build a meaningful partnership with you, to empower you, to assist you, to encourage you and to push you to achieve your personal goals. You will feel better, move better and look better with an improved quality of life!
- No contracts, joining fees, or time restrictions!
- FREE specifically designed programs: weight loss, strength building, endurance, or just to become healthier.
- Group fitness classes: Cardio Mix, Body Toning, and Pilates.
- Staffed by highly qualified, passionate fitness professionals, available to members at all times.
- Our exercise physiologists help teach members how to use the equipment properly and which pieces of equipment would benefit them most.
Rules and Restrictions
- Pay by monthly draft or 12 months in advance.
- Dependents must be 13 years of age or older.
- Community members may use the Wellness Center at Ascension Saint Thomas West Hospital on Sundays.
- Hospital and hospital-associated employees and spouses may access both Wellness Centers at West Hospital and Rutherford Hospital.
- Hospital and hospital-associated employees and spouses may qualify for Regular User Rewards.
Programs and Classes
According to the American Heart Association, we lose nearly 18,000 Tennesseans each year from heart diseases and stroke. Yet these are largely preventable through healthy living behaviors – like walking. The employees and nursing students at Saint Thomas Rutherford took 15 minutes to walk around the campus on National Walking Day. Click here for more information on being heart healthy.
The Kanes each have their own reasons to exercise. Mary, 90, works out three times a week to stay alive and alert. Gloria lost 60 pounds before having knee replacement surgery. Larry suffered a heart attack and doctors say he would’ve died if he hadn’t been working out. All three of them work out together at the Wellness Center at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital.
The COPD Foundation’s mission is to prevent and cure Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and to improve the lives of all people affected by COPD. The second country music star Chris Janson walked into the Wellness Center at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital, the room of 25 patients, all holding their harmonicas, started smiling. Learn more at nothingshallbeimpossible.com.
Hear from others who have participated in the cardiac rehabilitation program at the Wellness Center at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital.
- The Wellness Center at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital (Brochure)
- Outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation (Program Information)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation (Program Information)
- Who Needs Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
- The Gift of Wellness Fund
- Weather Policy
- Internship Application (Packet)
- Donate to the Saint Thomas Rutherford Foundation