Rutherford Volunteer Services
Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital is proud of the service its 100-plus active Volunteers provide.
Volunteers are a vital part in helping to create a warm and friendly environment, and are present in many departments throughout the hospital; serving our patients, their families and visitors, as well as, supporting our staff. Our Volunteers greatly enrich our mission of holistic healthcare.
Active Volunteer Benefits
- Annual Tuberculosis screening
- Free Flu vaccinations
- One Free meal, per volunteer shift worked, in the Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital Cafeteria
- Discount in the Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital Gift Shop
- Discount at the Wellness Center (terms apply)
- Cancer Center Administration
- CCU Visitation Assistance
- Emergency Room Staff Assistance in Triage/Treatment Rooms and Waiting Areas
- Food & Nutrition - Patient Food Service Assistance
- General Administration Services
- Hospitality Services
- We support the Mother & Baby Bonding program in our L&D and Nursery; the Hospital does not utilize the Rock A Baby program.
- Nursing Station Assistance
- Pastoral Care (Additional Training Required)
- Pathology Lab
- Patient Experience
- Reception at the Saint Louise Clinic
- Same Day Surgery
- Shuttle Drivers
- Transport for Patient Discharge
- Wellness Center
Junior Volunteer opportunities are also available for 15 – 18 year old high school students each Summer. Applications available January 31st each new year. Click here for application between January 31st and March 29th.
Thank you for your interest in the Volunteer Services Program at Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital. For additional information, please contact Bryan Lowe at email@example.com,or 615-396-4176. If you have no further questions; please complete the online Application by clicking the Apply Now Button. Your application will be entered into our database and you will be notified of the next opportunity for a Group Interview for placement.