Welcome to Pastoral Care at Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital.
Who We Are
The Saint Thomas Health pastoral care department is a group of dedicated APC/NACC Board-Certified chaplains, Clinical Pastoral Education students, and trained pastoral care volunteers from various faith traditions who serve throughout the entire system. At Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford we have two staff chaplains, including a priest, who serve alongside our students and volunteers. As a department, we strive to minister to the spiritual and emotional needs of patients, families, and staff. We promote the dignity of persons through our mission-driven ministry and patient-centered care. We are advocates for those in our care and strive to support their goals, wishes, and wholeness.
What We Offer
- Visitation and support for patients and families coping with an illness, difficult diagnosis, crisis, rehabilitation, and/or grief and loss
- Support for a wide variety of spiritual, cultural, and religious needs including the sacramental needs of various traditions
- Presence and support at a time of physical or spiritual crisis
- Presence and support when representatives from one's faith community are unavailable
- Spiritual and emotional support and conversation
Catholic Mass is celebrated Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11:30am.
Catholic sacramental ministry is available 24/7 through the PBX operator at 615-396-4100.
Eucharistic ministry is provided on a daily basis.
Priestly visitation is available for emergencies and upon request.