The Ascension St. John Transplant program is a regional transplant center, serving patients in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri.
Named a top transplant program by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the St. John Transplant Center has gained prominence for its clinical excellence. The St. John Transplant team sees each transplant recipient and donor as a unique individual with a diverse set of needs requiring personalized care.
While innovation and experience distinguish the St. John Transplant Center and its professional team, the benefit to you is our consistently excellent patient outcomes. St. John Medical Center was recently recognized by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR) as one of 53 U.S. hospitals with the best organ transplant outcomes, according to an article in Becker’s Hospital Review. The St. John Transplant Center is one of only 30 kidney transplant programs in the U.S. with best-in-class patient outcomes. In other words, our transplant recipients are literally living proof of the commitment to excellence exemplified throughout the St. John Health System.
Key benefits of the St. John Transplant Center:
- Excellent transplant outcomes
- A transplant team consisting of specially trained nephrologists, surgeons, transplant coordinators, pharmacists, social workers, laboratory specialists, transplant financial coordinators, living donor independent advocates, and operating room team
- The Tulsa area’s only fellowship-trained transplant nephrologist
- Dedicated transplant coordinator that will contact the patient within one business day of referral; in most instances, a referral to first appointment time of only two weeks
- A new state-of-the-art transplant center that opened in 2014
- A new state-of-the-art transplant floor which opened in 2015
- Advanced surgery options for living donors like laparoscopic kidney removal
- The only transplant program in the four-state region to utilize technology to make entering the program easier: A secure web portal to allows perspective living donors to easily take the first step in the evaluation process 24/7/365. Click here to access the living donor referral form.
- The only transplant program in the four-state region to utilize technology to make entering the program easier: A secure web portal to allows perspective living donors to easily take the first step in the evaluation process 24/7/365
- A secure web portal to allow nephrologists and dialysis center staff members to easily refer patients to the program. Click here to access the transplant recipient referral form.
For more information about our program, call 918-744-2925.