In Tulsa, Oklahoma, Ascension St. John Medical Center is a hospital offering high-level trauma care and over 800 primary and specialty care doctors.
Serving northeastern Oklahoma, southeastern Kansas, and western Arkansas, Ascension St. John Medical Center doctors and care teams work together to deliver care that is right for you.
Call Pulseline, 918-744-0213
- For help finding the right doctor for you or your family
- To get information about St. John services
- To pre-register for a maternity tour, classes and events
If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, go to the nearest ER or call 911.
Our experienced care teams are ready:
- Ascension St. John Medical Center is a level II emergency and trauma center.
- Ascension St. John Heyman Center is a Joint Commission Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center with extensive neurosurgery capabilities.
- Ascension St. John Heart Heart and Vascular Center has doctors for all types of cardiovascular disease.
- Ascension St. John Kidney Transplant Program is a regional center for dialysis and kidney transplantation.
Ascension St. John Medical Center was named the No. 1 hospital in Oklahoma by U.S. News & World Report and achieved high marks from The Joint Commission, the American College of Surgeons, and the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients for stroke, trauma, and kidney transplant care.
At Ascension St. John Medical Center, our hospital staff and outpatient services work closely with the Ascension Medical Group St. John clinics to provide family-centered care close to home:
- Cardio-pulmonary rehab
- Infusion therapy
- Lab tests
- Life access dialysis center
- Rehabilitation services (physical, occupational and speech therapy)
- Respiratory health
- Wellness and fitness programs
Medical Imaging Screening Tests
- Breast health screening (mammogram) at St. John Breast Center, call 918-744-3511
- Heart-risk assessment, call 918-744-3511. St. John has cardiovascular screening tests to evaluate the carotid artery, heart function, the ankle and brachial index, baseline ECG, abdominal aorta, and cardiac calcium score.
The radiology department is committed to upholding the highest standards of image quality with all-digital technology. Your doctor gets the results faster and helps with the timely delivery of care that is right for you.
Women's Services: Maternity, NICU, Breast Health
At Ascension St. John, we listen to understand your health concerns and make it our priority. To pre-register for a maternity tour and Lifestart childbirth classes, call Pulseline at 918-744-0123.
Obstetrics and maternity care – We provide a compassionate team approach and take the time to understand your birth preferences. We work together to create a memorable experience. We are here to support you throughout your pregnancy and with labor and delivery with OB and anesthesia doctors onsite around-the clock. We personalize your birth experience while providing access to specialty care, if you need it. Our labor and delivery rooms have family-friendly comforts, telemetry monitoring, and customizable amenities (birthing balls, squatting bars, and peanut balls, massage, aromatherapy, and bathtubs).
Other highlights include:
- Maternal-fetal medicine specialists
- Mobile neonatal care team and level III NICU
- OR suite within the labor and delivery unit for cesarean section and other procedures
- Neonatal pediatric specialists partnering with other care teams (for example, our glycemic team when the mother has diabetes)
- Perinatal palliative care and bereavement program
Ascension St. John Medical Center Tulsa has a 24-7 critical care transport team providing neonatal pediatric emergency care throughout the region.
The Ascension St. John Medical Center, Ascension St. John Owasso, and Ascension St. John Jane Phillips neonatal nursery are all Oklahoma Department of Health “safe sleep” bronze recipients. At Ascension, our care team focuses on educating caregivers about the safest infant sleep position and environment for your baby after you leave the hospital.
Childbirth and Lifestart Services
We realize a new baby comes with unexpected challenges. When you return home, we are here to answer questions and ease your concerns, call 918-744-2804.
- Breastfeeding resource center, outpatient consults
- Parenting classes
- Women’s health questions
Breast health services – We provide all-digital mammography with shorter exam times and images that can help detect breast abnormalities at an earlier stage. The radiology team works to uphold the highest imaging standards and provides a wide range of medical imaging tests including: breast ultrasound, breast biopsy, bone density, MRI, CT, and X-ray. To schedule an appointment at the Ascension St. John Breast Center, call 918-744-3511.
Surgeons and Endoscopic Specialists
Our surgical services combine advanced technology with a compassionate, experienced care team. As a trauma center, we have a team of specially trained trauma surgeons in orthopedics and neurosurgery. We focus on the whole person – mind, body and spirit. A full range of surgical procedures are performed, including minimally invasive gynecology procedures, laparoscopic hernia repairs, total hip and knee replacement, and complex endovascular, heart, brain and spine surgeries.
Heart and Vascular Care
The last thing you expect is a heart attack. At Ascension St. John, our heart attack response time is faster than the national average, according to the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology Foundation. Our heart doctors are highly experienced in simple to complex angioplasty and catherization with hemodynamic support.
The Ascension St. John Heart and Vascular Center has a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services. Our compassionate heart care team provides life-saving interventions and emergency care. The doctors prioritize your total health and lead high-quality cardiovascular programs to address your specific condition.
Our all-digital cardiovascular imaging includes nuclear cardiology studies, cardiac high-res CT scans, non-invasive peripheral vascular tests, stress testing, heart rhythm monitoring, and a cardiac ultrasound lab. From our cardiology clinics located in a community near you -- to the specialty care clinics in Tulsa, we have advanced medical and surgical options for your specific condition:
- Heart failure clinic for all stages of congestive heart disease, 918-744-2868
- Heart rhythm services with experienced cardiac electrophysiologists, 919-748-7501
- Structural heart clinic (high volume; experienced team performing heart valve repair, TAVR, mitral clip, WATCHMAN, PFO and VSD), 918-748-7650
Ascension St. John’s cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation team and wellness center provide opportunities to help improve your overall health with personalized exercises, nutrition guidance and education classes.
Other specialty care available at Ascension St. John Medical Center include:
- Brain and spine – neurosurgical center
- Bariatric surgery and non-surgical weight management
- Diabetes education
- Kidney health services
- Sleep disorders
- Wound Care
Rehabilitation services provides inpatient and outpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology for children and adults. We have therapists who specialize in brain and spine injury therapies, hip and knee replacement therapy, sports injury rehab, and hand therapy.