Ascension St. John Heart Rhythm Services cares for individual with abnormal heart rhythms and helps them avoid complications due to arrhythmia.
An abnormal heart rhythm, or arrhythmia, means the heart is either beating too fast, too slowly, or inconsistently. It may be completely harmless or it may require a care plan to avoid putting you at risk for more serious arrhythmias or complications in the future.
Types of abnormal heart rhythms:
- Conduction disorder – heart does not beat normally
- Bradycardia – slow heart rate
- Tachycardia – very fast heart rate
- Atrial fibrillation – upper parts of the heart contract irregularly
- Ventricular fibrillation – lower parts of the heart contract irregularly
- Premature contraction – early heart beat
Managing abnormal heart rhythms
If you have been diagnosed with arrhythmia, the Ascension St. John Heart Failure clinic can help you manage your condition. Through education, certain medications and other care options, we can help control your heart rate within a normal range. This clinic requires a doctor’s referral. We are located on the St. John Medical Center Campus in the 5th floor of Siegfried Tower. Call 918-744-7501; for more information.
We take a personalized approach to managing your heart rhythm condition. Our goal is health and well-being for the whole person – body, mind, and spirit.
A network of resources
With Ascension St. John, you have access to a network of specialty care doctors and services for you and your entire family.