Nutritious meals are an important part of your treatment and recovery at St. John Medical Center.
Nutritious meals are an important part of your treatment and recovery at St. John Medical Center. We make every attempt to provide balanced meals prepared according to physician’s orders.
If your physician has prescribed a special diet, menu options will be tailored to your specific needs. A registered dietitian may visit to discuss diet and nutrition requirements prescribed during your stay and your diets needs once you return home.
If a family member or visitor would like to eat in the room with you, they may go to the cafeteria on the second floor and return with their meal, or order a guest meal from dietary services for a charge. Please call Food and Nutrition Services at 918-744-2400, or ext. 42400 from an in-house line for more information.
Room service provides hot and cold food of restaurant quality. Food is served on demand by highly trained, customer service-oriented ambassadors to meet the dietary restrictions of the patient. Room service is available for inpatients who meet eligibility requirements.
Hours of Service
7 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Breakfast is available all day.
Lunch and dinner may be ordered beginning at 11 a.m.
Meals will be delivered within one hour of the order being placed, unless a different time is specified.
All inpatients will participate in room service unless they:
- Are incapable or unwilling to participate with ordering assistance from a room service ambassador, nursing staff or a family member.
- Have food restrictions.
- Are exclusively on enteral (tube) feedings.
- Bernsen Rehabilitation patients will select meals from a menu one day in advance.
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patients will not routinely receive room service. However, if an ICU patient is able to order, the patient’s nurse may phone in the order and the tray will be delivered to the nurse.
- Outpatient areas receive Chef Select trays delivered at set times. Patients not participating in room service will receive a Chef Select tray, prepared specifically for their prescribed diet. Delivery will be at a pre-determined time.
A menu is placed in each patient room. Extra copies are available from the nursing station and from Room Service Ambassadors.
- Contact your assigned Room Service Ambassador using the information on your patient white board during hours of service.
- If the line is busy, please leave a voice mail message or press “0” for the nutrition call center.
- The nutrition call center, 918-744-2400, is available to family members for outside assistance.
- In most cases, the ambassador will visit the patient’s room and take the order.
Guest trays may be ordered for $8 for breakfast and $10 for lunch or dinner. Credit card payment is preferred, with payment processed through the nutrition call center.
Patients on Insulin
Patients on insulin are encouraged to make selections from the menu, which lists carbohydrate grams in each food. Assistance is provided by the ambassador or nutrition call center. It is important to space meals four hours apart. Your nurse will be notified that you have placed a meal order, and the tray will arrive within 1 hour. When the tray arrives, the ambassador will then notify your nurse to allow time for insulin administration before the meal tray is delivered.
St. John Cafeteria
The St. John Cafeteria, located on the second floor of the Chapman Tower, offers hot meals, sandwiches, salads, desserts and beverages.
Monday-Friday: 6 a.m.-8 p.m., 10 p.m.-2 a.m. (closed from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.)
Saturday-Sunday: 6 a.m.-7 p.m.
Café Latte offers specialty coffees, smoothies and snacks on the second floor of the Heyman Building.
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
St. John Health Plaza Cafe
St. John Health Plaza Cafe specializes in a variety of healthy, seasonal dishes, sandwiches, wraps, snacks, smoothies and specialty coffee drinks. The Health Plaza Cafe is located on the north side of the medical center campus on the first floor of the Mary K. Chapman Health Plaza, inside the St. John Siegfried Health Club, 1819 E. 19th Street.
Monday-Friday: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Breakfast: 7 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
Lunch: 10:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Food and beverage vending machines and a microwave oven are located just outside the cafeteria on the second floor of the J.A. Chapman Tower.