We provide general and high-risk breast care, genetic counseling and testing, and routine gynecological care in Vestal.
With appropriate screening and the most recent technology, we help our patients work toward their personal health goals.
Our services include:
- Minimally Invasive Ultrasound Guided Vacuum Core Biopsy
- Minimally Invasive State of the Art Affirm Guided Stereotactic Biopsies
- Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy (NSM)
- Surgical Breast Consultations
- Routine gynecological care/pap tests
- 3D Screening and Diagnostic Mammography
- Breast Ultrasound
- High Risk Breast Care Program
- Genetic Counseling & Testing
The High Risk Breast Cancer Program
The goal of the high risk breast program is to provide risk reduction for these women who are at higher risk of developing breast cancer than the average population. The goal really is to reduce the risk and if possible prevent cancer. Men who have the above risk factors are at future risk of breast cancer as well.
Our Breast Surgeon, Niru Anne, MD, FACS, sees patients and evaluates their risk based on family history, personal history, and risk factors. Dr. Anne discusses the role of Bilateral Breast MRI depending upon the percentage risk of developing future breast cancer. Dr. Anne also offers genetic counseling and testing for patients who qualify for it based on the NCCN guideline.
A referral is made to medical oncology if necessary to discuss chemo-prevention to lower the patient’s risk through medications (such as tamoxifen) as per the national guidelines. Prevention, when possible, is the goal of the High Risk Breast Cancer Program.
Women who are at substantial risk for the development of future breast cancer are offered risk reduction with prophylactic surgery if appropriate with Nipple Sparing Mastectomy Procedure and enrolled in the National Nipple Sparing Mastectomy Registry Program.
At the Women’s Health Center, we are still accepting new patients into Dr. Anne’s High Risk Breast Cancer program.
Reminders When Visiting Us
- Insurance cards must be presented at the time of visit.
- Co-payments are expected at the time of visit.
- All insurance companies require us to verify all identifying information when you present for each visit to prevent errors that might result in a rejection of payment by your insurer.
- Information about financial assistance is available by calling 607-798-5506 or 607-798-5229.
A referral from your primary care provider is not necessary. If you feel you are at high risk based on the above risk factors, you may call our office at 607-251-2110. Our office staff can assist you with the necessary insurance approvals. You may also qualify for financial assistance.
At Ascension Lourdes Women's Health Center, we listen to understand your health concerns and are committed to providing you with the tools you need to make informed healthcare decisions.