Ascension’s experienced chaplains recognize all faiths and beliefs, and can support you and your family with the spiritual care you need.
Pastoral Care Rooted in our faith based identity, we believe that each person is sacred and is a unity of body, mind and spirit. In providing holistic care we are committed to making the ministry of Pastoral Care available to patients and their families. With the patient's permission the pastors of local churches are notified each morning of parishioners who are hospitalized. Also, the hospital chaplains regularly visit patients of all faiths and are available by calling the Pastoral Care department. On weekends or in the evenings the nurse in charge will contact the chaplain on call at your request.
Spiritual Care The Chapel at the Saginaw and Standish hospitals provides a place of peace and comfort for patients and their families - a place to pray or meditate or spend a quiet moment alone. Beautiful stained glass windows adorn the Chapels and the gentle sounds of the fountain in the Saginaw Chapel provides a place of refuge for people of all faiths. Interdenominational clergy members volunteer their time at the hospital to ensure that visitors have access to their services any time of day or night. Our Chapels are open to the public 24-hours of every day. Our spiritual support includes:
- Interdenominational pastoral care staff
- A conveniently located chapel for prayer and meditation
- Ministers of all faiths are invited to visit patients
- Our chaplain visits patients occasionally throughout the week, and pastoral care can be arranged 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Communion for Catholics and other sacraments can be arranged
- Offer emotional and spiritual support for patients, families, and staff
- Celebrate with patients and families their return to physical and/or spiritual health
- Help facilitate the rites and rituals of patients and families of all faiths
- Provide Advance Health Care Planning
- Assist with Ethics Consultations regarding difficult End-of-Life Care decisions
- Connect patients and families with their own spiritual resources or clergy (priest, pastor, or other member of the clergy)
- Offer resources for counseling, support groups and make referrals when appropriate
Contact St. Mary's of Michigan Standish Hospital: 989-846-3412