Ascension Borgess Breast Care Center - Mammography in Kalamazoo, Michigan delivers breast screenings and mammograms for your breast health.
Personalized, compassionate breast screenings
Ascension Borgess Breast Care Center, located in Kalamazoo, Michigan, delivers advanced digital imaging options, personalized for each patient. We provide high-quality screening, diagnostic mammograms and biopsy testing for women.
Getting regular screenings may help find breast cancer early, when it is most treatable. That’s why it is important for women to get a mammogram every year, beginning at age 40.
Our radiology care team and breast specialists listen to understand your health needs and concerns, and are dedicated to making your medical imaging experience as comfortable as possible. We deliver breast health care that is right for you.
Get the screening that is right for you
Care teams at Ascension Borgess Breast Care Center know that finding breast cancer early can help save lives. If your mother, sister, aunt or grandmother has been diagnosed with breast cancer, ask your doctor if you should have a breast screening test before the age of 40. For your convenience, you can schedule your mammogram online. Before you make your appointment, please make sure you have a mammogram referral from your doctor and bring it to your appointment.
At Borgess Breast Care Center, we provide comprehensive breast imaging, including:
- 3D Mammograms (Tomosynthesis): When used as a screening tool, this 3D imaging technology increases the overall detection of breast cancer and reduces the recall rate for screenings – which is a very important issue. Tomosynthesis is an imaging X-ray technique used for the early detection of breast cancer and can help find cancers in dense breast tissue.
- 2D Digital Mammograms: This low dose X-ray exam produces high-quality images. The digital image can be enhanced and magnified for optimal evaluation.
- Breast ultrasound: Uses sound waves to create images of the breast. These ultrasound images are referred to as sonograms. Breast ultrasound is a non-invasive test and can aid in diagnosing benign and malignant disease.
- Bone density tests (DEXA scan): This is performed to evaluate patients to find and treat osteoporosis and to help prevent fractures that can lead to disability.
- 3D biopsy/stereotactic biopsy: This type of biopsy is used to aid in the pathological diagnosis of benign and malignant breast tissue cells. Using mammography technology, a radiologist uses two images of the breast tissue for the testing sample. A stereotactic breast biopsy can help doctors to analyze tissue samples to better understand the health of the breast.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: This uses sound waves to help locate a mass and remove a tissue sample for examination under a microscope. This procedure is less invasive than surgical biopsy, leaves little to no scarring and does not involve exposure to ionizing radiation. This type of biopsy aids in the pathological diagnosis of benign and malignant breast tissue cells.
We are excited to also offer our patients the new ‘SmartCurve’ mammography paddle that brings comfort to compression.
We explain what to expect before your mammogram, ultrasound, bone density or biopsy. Let us know if you have any special or concerns, so we can make arrangements to deliver testing that is right for you.