Ascension Borgess Hospital Neurosurgery of Kalamazoo at Borgess at Capital

  • Specialty Care
Call us for daily hours

Medical Records Request

As a patient, you have the right to access your medical records. Here you'll find instructions and a convenient form to help us process your request.

Contact Medical Records
The Medical Records Department has on-site access to most records within the past six years. Older records are available, but will take longer to retrieve. Records available include laboratory reports, radiology reports, emergency room visits, outpatient surgeries, and inpatient/overnight stays for Borgess Medical Center.

If you have been a patient at Borgess Medical Center, you may obtain a copy of these records through the Legal Correspondence Department, located at the Ground Floor Atrium/Registration. The Legal Correspondence staff will ask you to sign a release form and will need to verify your identity. Please bring a drivers license or a photo ID. To speak with a Legal Correspondence representative, call 269-226-4820. They are available Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Authorization must be filled out completely. Please include a phone number for the patient as well as complete mailing address and phone number for where the records are being sent. Please mail request to:

Borgess Medical Center
Medical Correspondence 
1521 Gull Road
Kalamazoo, MI 49048

The staff will also need to know your Date of Birth, Dates of Service you are inquiring about, and what you are obtaining the records for, i.e. personal, physician visit, etc.

The Legal Correspondence staff requests at least 24-48 hours to obtain the records after you have signed the release form. They will call when your request is complete, or it can be mailed to you or your physician. A copy fee may be charged for your medical records.

Birth Certificates & Paternity Documents
If you wish to obtain a copy of a birth certificate for yourself or your child, please call the County Clerk's office for Kalamazoo County at +. The clerk will be able to provide you with a certified copy of the Birth Certificate. A fee for this service may be charged. Paternity papers may also be completed at the County Clerk's office.