Ascension welcomes family and friends of our patients. We’ve provided the information below to help make your visit convenient and comfortable.
Campus map Use our map of St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights to help navigate around our campus.
Gift Shop The St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights Campus gift shop is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
Visiting Hours Visiting hours are for St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Visiting Guidelines At St. John Providence, we greatly appreciate those people who want to visit our patients. It can bring a smile to someone's face, or encouragement during a difficult health challenge. Please read below to learn about our guidelines for visitors. We understand visits from family and friends are a vital part of a patient's health care. We do request that visitors observe the following guidelines:
- Visitors must pick up a Visitor Pass at the Information Desk in the Main Lobby.
- Only two visitors are allowed to visit at one time.
- Other than the Family Birthplace, children under 14 years old are not permitted to visit nursing units except in special cases. Please ask the nursing staff or Information Desk about special visiting arrangements.
- Persons with colds or infections should not visit patient care areas.
- Visitors may be asked to leave a patient's room during tests, treatments or when care is being provided. Family involvement in patient care is encouraged in situations that are appropriate and acceptable to the patient.
- Visitors should be considerate of other patients by speaking softly while visiting.
- All patients have the right to privacy and to receive confidential medical care. Discussion of a patient's condition with the health care staff may occur only with a patient's permission.
- Gifts, such as magazines or other reading materials, crossword puzzles and small crafts, are fine. Keep in mind that patient rooms cannot accommodate large items. Check with the patient’s nurse regarding gifts of food or beverages because of possible diet restrictions.
- Fresh flowers are not allowed in the Intensive Care/Cardiac Care Units.
- Small plants and gifts of food are permitted.
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights
Main Café Restaurant: Hot grill station offering a variety of grilled items for breakfast, lunch & dinner time, carved deli station (once a week as of right now), hot entrée station, soup and salad bar, and a variety of grab and go food & beverage items.
Hours are 6:45 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. (breakfast); 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. (lunch) and 4 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. (dinner).
Help for patients with communication needs Good and effective communication between patients and health care providers is very important to us. For conversations specific to your health care, Ascension provides certified qualified sign language and certified oral interpreters and other auxiliary aids and services free of charge for patients, potential patients and patient companions with hearing and/or vision impairments and/or limited English proficiency. To request auxiliary aids or services, please speak to your doctor, nurse or registration associates. You may also call the South Eastern Michigan Interpreter Communication Services Phone Line at 586-753-1888.