Ascension welcomes family and friends of our patients. We’ve provided the information below to help make your visit convenient and comfortable.
For getting around within our campus, we have a map to help you navigate. For help navigating the Ascension St. John hospital campus, view our campus map.
St. John Hospital & Medical Center: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Visitors must pick up a Visitor Pass at the Information Desk in the Main Lobby.
- Only two visitors are allowed to visit at one time.
- Other than the Family Birthplace, children under 14 years old are not permitted to visit nursing units except in special cases. Please ask the nursing staff or Information Desk about special visiting arrangements.
- Persons with colds or infections should not visit patient care areas.
- Visitors may be asked to leave a patient's room during tests, treatments or when care is being provided. Family involvement in patient care is encouraged in situations that are appropriate and acceptable to the patient.
- Visitors should be considerate of other patients by speaking softly while visiting.
- All patients have the right to privacy and to receive confidential medical care. Discussion of a patient's condition with the health care staff may occur only with a patient's permission.
- Gifts, such as magazines or other reading materials, crossword puzzles and small crafts, are fine. Keep in mind that patient rooms cannot accommodate large items. Check with the patient’s nurse regarding gifts of food or beverages because of possible diet restrictions.
- Fresh flowers are not allowed in the Intensive Care/Cardiac Care Units. Small plants and gifts of food are permitted.
Main Café Restaurant: Hot Entrees, Grill, Pizza Station, Action Station, Carving Station and a variety of grab and go food and beverage items. Hours are 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.; 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., and 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Guild: Hot Entrees for midnight, Soups, specialty Starbucks drinks and Outtakes. Hours are Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 7:30 pm., and 11 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. to 4 a.m.
Brioche Doree: Specialty Sandwiches, Specialty coffees, Soups and Bakery items. Hours are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Good and effective communication between patients and health care providers is very important to us. For conversations specific to your health care, St. John Providence provides certified qualified sign language and certified oral interpreters and other auxiliary aids and services free of charge for patients, potential patients and patient companions with hearing and/or vision impairments and/or limited English proficiency.
To request auxiliary aids or services, please speak to your doctor, nurse or registration associates. You may also call the SJP Interpreter Communication Services Phone Line at 586-753-1888.