Ascension Saint Agnes Comprehensive Breast Center recommends annual mammograms for women over 40 to protect your breasts and stay healthy.
One in 8 women in the U.S. are diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. Mammograms continue to be the most effective screening exam for breast cancer. Regular mammograms can detect breast cancer at an earlier stage.
Our mammography locations
Call 667-234-8675 to schedule your mammogram appointment at Seton Imaging.
3449 Wilkens Avenue, Suite 102
Baltimore, MD 21229
Walk-in mammograms are available at our Ascension Saint Agnes Medical Group: Catonsville offices
Mon-Fri: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
6501-D Baltimore National Pike
Catonsville, MD 21228
All women aged 40+ should be getting an annual mammogram. Catching breast cancer early can not only save your breasts, but it can save your life. Talk to your primary care provider about your personal risk for breast cancer to determine the best plan for your breast health. Mammography is a breast cancer screening test that uses low-dose X-rays specifically designed for showing detail within breast tissue. This is widely regarded as the single best imaging test to show the earliest changes of breast cancer. Mammograms can detect a mass before a patient or a physician can feel one. Tell your technician if there are any breast changes or problems that you may be having
Expertise and technology, together
Our team is committed to making your mammogram comfortable, private, and as easy as possible. When you come for your imaging tests, you will meet our warm and compassionate staff, ready to treat you professionally and with respect. All our radiologists meet the strict standards of accreditation by the American College of Radiation. Our physicians and staff are ready to provide the one-on-one attention you deserve, and we encourage you to share any concerns you may have before or after an imaging test. Safety is our top priority. Should anything be found after your mammogram, the team at the Ascension Saint Agnes Breast Comprehensive Center is here for you.
At the Ascension Saint Agnes Comprehensive Breast Center, we provide comprehensive breast imaging, including:
- 3D Mammograms (Tomosynthesis): When used as a screening tool, this 3D imaging technology increases the overall detection of breast cancer and reduces the recall rate for screenings – which is a very important issue. Tomosynthesis is an imaging X-ray technique used for the early detection of breast cancer and can help find cancers in dense breast tissue.
- 2D Digital Mammograms: This low dose X-ray exam produces high-quality images. The digital image can be enhanced and magnified for optimal evaluation.
- Breast ultrasound: Uses sound waves to create images of the breast. These ultrasound images are referred to as sonograms. Breast ultrasound is a non-invasive test and can aid in diagnosing benign and malignant disease.
- 3D biopsy/stereotactic biopsy: This type of biopsy is used to aid in the pathological diagnosis of benign and malignant breast tissue cells. Using mammography technology, a radiologist uses two images of the breast tissue for the testing sample. A stereotactic breast biopsy can help doctors to analyze tissue samples to better understand the health of the breast.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy: This uses sound waves to help locate a mass and remove a tissue sample for examination under a microscope. This procedure is less invasive than surgical biopsy, leaves little to no scarring and does not involve exposure to ionizing radiation. This type of biopsy aids in the pathological diagnosis of benign and malignant breast tissue cells.
- Genetic testing and counseling