The Mount Carmel Foundation was established in 1983 by a group of local citizens committed to maintaining quality healthcare for Southeast Kansas.
The Mount Carmel Foundation was established in 1983 by a group of local citizens committed to maintaining quality healthcare for Southeast Kansas with the purpose of supporting Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg. The Foundation continues to be led by a local board committed to raising funds that stay locally to support the hospital.
The purpose of the Foundation is to raise funds through philanthropy, grants, planned giving, and special events to enhance the quality of healthcare in southeast Kansas. The Foundation has made a significant impact for Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg and Southeast Kansas.
Over the past 30 years, the Mount Carmel foundation has donated more than $4.8 million to Ascension Via Christi Hospital for cutting-edge technology, equipment and programs, including:
- $700,000 in fundraising for the Dr. M.K. Parsi Women's Center.
- The purchase of the advanced patient lift system for the Cardiac Step-Down Unit.
- Cardiology ultrasound equipment
- New equipment for the Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Room and Imaging Center for Women
- Refurbishing patient rooms with new furniture
- Purchase of ultrasound equipment in the Heart Center
- Emergency Room renovations
- 3D Mammography