Our physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists deliver therapies to help you recover from an injury or surgery.
Therapy that’s right for you
Ascension St Vincent YMCA Rehabilitation offers a wide range of outpatient therapy appointments to accommodate your work or school schedule. In Indiana, a doctor’s referral is not required (exceptions may apply) if you are seeking physical therapy (PT); however, one is required for both occupational therapy (OT) and speech therapy (ST). A therapy evaluation will be conducted prior to the initiation of treatment to identify functional deficits or impairments which will help the therapist develop an individualized plan of care to help you meet your individual therapy goals.
Your doctor may prescribe PT, OT, and/or ST as part of your total care plan. Our therapists deliver care that promotes healing, relieves aches and pains, and helps you restore your strength, mobility and well-being. We listen to you and start where you are - one step at a time.
Our YMCA therapy clinic is fully equipped with state of the art equipment and highly trained therapists that treat a variety of orthopedic and neurologic conditions. When you need specialty therapy care, we’re here for you! Ascension St Vincent YMCA therapists are certified in specialty therapeutic programs, including:
- Neurologic Rehabilitation (Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, ALS, MS, Parkinson's Disease, etc.)
- Orthopedic/Sports Rehabilitation (Back and neck pain, sprains/strains, joint pain, weakness, etc.)
- Post-Op Rehabilitation (Total Knee and Hip Replacement, etc.)
- High Intensity Gait Training
- Dry Needling
- Vestibular, Balance, and Dizziness Rehabilitation
- LSVT BIG for Parkinson’s Disease
- Myofascial Release
- Neurologic Rehabilitation (Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Brain Injury, ALS, MS, Parkinson'sDisease, etc.)
- Orthopedic/Sports Rehabilitation (Sprains/strains, joint pain, weakness, etc.)
- Post-Op Rehabilitation (Rotator Cuff Repair, Carpal Tunnel Surgery, Total Shoulder Replacement, etc.)
- Custom Splint Fabrication
- Hand Injury Rehabilitation
- Vision Therapy
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Voice Disorders
- Communication Disorders
- Swallowing Disorders
- LSVT LOUD for Parkinson's Disease
- Virtual Reality Treadmill Training (Motek C-Mill VR+)
- Body Weight Supported Treadmill Training (Woodway Lokostation, Motek C-Mill VR+, Molift Rail System, AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill)
- Functional Electrical Stimulation Cycling (RT300 iFES Cycle)
- Virtual Reality Upper Extremity Neurologic Rehabilitation (Tyromotion Amadeo)
- Upper Extremity Neurologic Rehabilitation (Galileo Mano)
For more information about our services, specialty equipment, the Ascension St. Vincent Rehabilitation clinic, or to schedule an appointment, please call 812-485-2100.