If you’re uninsured or have trouble paying for healthcare, Ascension may be able to help through our financial partnerships and resources.
Financial Assistance Summary
As part of our commitment to assisting those who struggle with barriers to accessing health care services, Providence Hospital provides financial assistance for certain individuals who receive emergency or other medically necessary care from Providence Hospital. This summary provides a brief overview of Providence Hospital's Financial Assistance Policy.
Who Is Eligible?
You may be able to get financial assistance. Financial assistance is generally determined by your total household income as compared to the Federal Poverty Level. If your income is less than or equal to 250 % of the Federal Poverty Level, you will receive a 100% charity care write-off on the portion of the charges for which you are responsible except for a small flat charge for services. If your income is above the Federal Poverty Level but does not exceed 400 % of the Federal Poverty Level, you may receive discounted rates on a sliding scale. Patients who are eligible for financial assistance will not be charged more for eligible care than the amounts generally billed to patients with insurance coverage.
What Services Are Covered?
The Financial Assistance Policy applies to emergency and other medically necessary care. These terms are defined in the Financial Assistance Policy. Elective services are not covered by the Financial Assistance Policy.
How Can I Apply?
To apply for financial assistance, you typically will complete a written application and provide supporting documentation, as described in the Financial Assistance Policy and the Financial Assistance Policy application.
How Can I Get Help with an Application?
For help with a Financial Assistance Policy application, you may contact the Financial Counselors located within the Business Office at 251-266-1500.
How Can I Get More Information?
Copies of the Financial Assistance Policy and Financial Assistance Policy application form at any Registration office or the Business Office located at Providence Hospital, 6801 Airport Blvd, Mobile, AL. Free copies of the Financial Assistance Policy and Financial Assistance Policy application along with additional information about the Financial Assistance Policy can be obtained by mail, online at https://healthcare.ascension.org, or by calling the Providence Hospital Business Office at 251-266-1500.
What If I Am Not Eligible?
If you do not qualify for financial assistance under the Financial Assistance Policy, you may qualify for other types of assistance. For more information, please contact our CARE representatives by telephone at 251-266-1540.
Translations of the Financial Assistance Policy, the Financial Assistance Policy application, and this plain language summary are available in the following languages upon request:
Financial Assistance Policy & Statements (PDF)
- Financial Assistance Policy - English (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Financial Assistance Application - English (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Amount Generally Billed Calculation - English (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Health Billing and Collections Policy - English (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Financial Assistance Policy - Spanish (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Financial Assistance Application - Spanish (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Amount Generally Billed Calculation - Spanish (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Health Billing and Collections Policy - Spanish (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Financial Assistance Policy - Vietnamese (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Financial Assistance Application - Vietnamese (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Amount Generally Billed Calculation - Vietnamese (Updated 07/01/2019)
- Health Billing and Collections Policy - Vietnamese (Updated 07/01/2019)
Physician Group List
- Physician Group List (Updated 07/01/2019)
Providence Hospital's CARE Program aims to improve access to medical care for individuals who are experiencing financial hardship. Providence CARE Counselors work diligently to enroll qualified applicants in financial assistance programs and connect applicants with needed community resources.
To contact a Providence CARE Counselor, call 251-266-1540 and leave a callback number.
Clear Balance Payment Plan
Providence Hospital has partnered with ClearBalance® to offer patients an affordable, no-interest loan program with flexible repayment terms to help consumers pay out-of-pocket hospital expenses, including deductibles and insurance co-payments. The ClearBalance program features reasonable, flexible repayment terms.
- Low Monthly Payment
- Interest-free revolving credit account
- No annual fees or prepayment penalties
- Making payments is simple – online, check, credit card or phone
- We make it simple
- Easy qualification and no written application
- We combine your bills into a single monthly statement
- You can add balances for yourself, your spouse and dependents
Call us for more information at 251-266-1500.