Lung Cancer Screening
A simple CT scan has been proven to save lives. Learn more about lung cancer screenings at Sacred Heart Cancer Center.
Today, lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer in the United States with about 225,000 new cases diagnosed each year.
When caught early, lung cancer is highly treatable. New studies have shown that low-dose CT screening for high-risk individuals can result in a 20% increase in survival from lung cancer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Screenings
Who can benefit from a lung cancer screening?
- Adults between the ages of 55-80
- Current smokers, or those who have quit smoking in the last 15 years, with a 30 pack year history of smoking. To calculate pack years smoked, multiply the number of packs smoked per day by the number of years smoked.
- Adults age 50 with a 20 pack year smoking history and one other risk factor such as a family history of lung cancer, personal history of other cancers or significant history of exposure to certain environmental factors such as asbestos or radon.
What is a Low Dose CT scan?
CT lung screenings use an x-ray generating device that rotates around your body and a powerful computer to create cross-sectional images of the inside of your lungs. The scan helps find cancerous nodules early, often before the disease has spread beyond the lungs. The test is painless and non-invasive.
Do I need a referral?
Referrals are not required for this screening.
What is the cost for the screening?
The cost at the time of service is $99.
How can I schedule a screening?
Please call 850-416-LUNG to schedule your screening today.
Lung Screening Locations
- Ascension Sacred Heart Medical Park at Airport Blvd. in Pensacola
- Ascension Sacred Heart Health Center at Summit Blvd. in Pensacola
- Ascension Sacred Heart Health Center at Perdido
- Ascension Sacred Heart Health Center at Tiger Point in Gulf Breeze
- Ascension Sacred Heart Health Center at Milestone on Nine Mile Rd.
- Ascension Sacred Heart Emerald Coast in Miramar Beach
*If you are currently a smoker, we strongly encourage you to quit immediately. Please contact Ascension Sacred Heart's free smoking cessation program at 850-416-7764 for more details.