The Pastoral Care team at St. Vincent's HealthCare is committed to carrying out the healing ministry of Jesus.
Pastoral Care Services
St. Vincent's chaplains are trained to help patients and their families make important medical and life decisions. They offer:
- Assistance in meeting religious needs such as prayer, communion, anointing, baptism, confession, spiritual literature/scripture, support groups, and referral to other disciplines.
- Assistance in meeting spiritual needs stemming from anxiety, grief, shame, suffering, fear, anger, faith issues, hope, and life meaning.
- Spiritual care within: visitation, spiritual presence, support for families as loved-ones approach end-of-life, and the care of the dying.
- Assistance to area clergy as they come to the hospital seeking to minister to their parishioners.
How To Contact Us
Whether you are a medical center patient, a family member, or friend, you are always just moments away from services provided by St. Vincent's Pastoral Care Staff. Here's how you can reach us:
- Tell your nurse or healthcare associate that you wish to see a chaplain, priest, minister, or your local clergy.
- Call the Pastoral Care Office directly at 904-308-2800 - or just x2800 from within the campus.
- Call St. Vincent's switchboard at 904-308-7300 and ask for pastoral care.
The Pastoral Care office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and the office is located on the second floor of the Dillon Building at our Riverside campus.
Though the office may be closed, a chaplain is on location at the medical center as early as 6 a.m. and into the evening. A Roman Catholic priest is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for emergency spiritual crisis and the Sacrament of Anointing. The department also has 21 dedicated Eucharistic Ministers who bring Communion to the Catholic patients on a regular basis.