Mission, Philosophy and Values
Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care, which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
- We believe that each person is created by God in His own image and likeness. We further believe that each person as a unity of body, mind and spirit, has been endowed with human dignity, rights and responsibilities.
- We believe that the dignity and rights of each person must be protected and promoted with the utmost care, from the moment of conception throughout life until death.
- We believe that in caring for the whole person, we interpret illness and suffering in light of the suffering and death of Christ and health in light of salvation.
- We believe that healing is ultimately the work of God and that our involvement in health care is a participation in the healing ministry of Christ, a mission that we share with all those who assist us in this work.
- We believe that programs of service and methods of management must respond in an integrated, holistic way to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of persons.
- We believe that persons perform best when they understand their rights and responsibilities as individuals and members of the human community; thus, we seek to develop education and evaluation programs which develop personal responsibility and accountability.
Service of the Poor — generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
Reverence — respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
Integrity — inspiring trust through personal leadership
Wisdom — integrating excellence and stewardship
Creativity — courageous innovation
Dedication — affirming the hope and joy of our ministry