Ascension welcomes family and friends of our patients. We’ve provided the information below to help make your visit convenient and comfortable.
For patient information or to be connected to a patient room, please call 251-266-1000.
Medical-Surgical and Maternity Units
Visiting hours are from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. After 10 p.m., visitors must enter through the Emergency Department waiting room to receive a visitor pass.
Intensive Care Units
Visiting hours in all Intensive Care Units are anytime except between 6:30 a.m.- 8:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
No more than two persons may visit at one time in the Intensive Care Units. Visits by children are at the discretion of the patient’s health care team.
Patients at Providence Hospital have the right to choose who may visit and/or provide support during a hospital stay. This may include a spouse, a domestic partner, another family member, or a friend, subject to certain clinical restrictions or safety limitations.
To help ensure the health, safety and comfort of our patients, we ask all visitors to follow these guidelines:
- Wash hands or use the hand-sanitizing foam before entering and after leaving a patient room.
- Do not visit if ill, running a fever or have a known exposure to a communicable disease such as chicken pox or measles.
- Limit or avoid the use of strong fragrances.
- Do not bring flowers, plants, balloons or fruit to Intensive Care or Coronary Care units or to 12 East (rooms 1233 – 1248).
The hospital cafeteria is located on Level 1. Hours are:
- Hot Breakfast: 6:30 – 9 a.m.
- Continental Breakfast: 9 – 10 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Grill: 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 – 7 p.m.
JAVA Good Day Coffee Shop is located on the first floor of Providence Medical Office Plaza Building B. Hours are 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.
The Providence Hospital Auxiliary operates a gift shop located in the hospital’s Main Lobby. Hours are:
- Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Phone orders are accepted and gifts can be delivered free within the hospital except to intensive care units, the emergency room or recovery areas. Gift bags are available for purchase. To place a phone order, call 251-266-1370.
- Free visitor parking is located on the west side of the hospital. A shuttle service is available by notifying Security in advance by calling 251-266-1790.
- Free valet parking is offered at the Providence Medical Office Plaza. Check in at Building B under the canopy Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Wheelchairs are available. Please call 251-266-1790 for valet parking services.
- Three spaces with electrical hookups are available for RV parking. Call Security at 251- 266-1790 to arrange to use this free service.
The Main Surgery Waiting Room and Cardiology Waiting Room are located on the third floor of the Outpatient Center building. To reach them, use the bridge on Level 3. The Intensive Care Waiting Room is on Level 5, and the Cardiac Care Waiting Room is on Level 6.