The Cancer Center at Providence Hospital offers residents access to board-certified medical oncologists and radiation oncologists and treatment from a Commission on Cancer Accredited Program.
The Providence Cancer Center is staffed with board-certified medical oncologists and radiation oncologists who are specially trained in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. These physicians are supported by a dedicated team of professional associates, offering patients a full range of chemotherapy, radiation therapy and support services.
As a Commission on Cancer Accredited program, the Cancer Center at Providence Hospital demonstrates an important commitment to providing all patients with access to services they need from diagnoses through treatment, rehabilitation, and survivorship care.
The Commission on Cancer accreditation ensures access to the most up-to-date, comprehensive cancer care. Each person treated within this cancer program are provided:
- Comprehensive, patient-centered care through a multidisciplinary team approach
- Access to information on clinical trials and new treatment options
- Ongoing monitoring of care and lifelong patient follow-up
- Psycho-social support and survivorship care
- Continuous quality improvements in patient care