St. Vincent's Auxiliary was formed in 1963. Since then, many dedicated volunteers have given thousands of hours of service to the hospital and its patients.
St. Vincent's Health System volunteers donate their time and energy in an effort to make a patient's stay as comfortable as possible. They perform duties that lighten the load of our staff, services for patient comfort.Our volunteers assist the hospital by providing funding for equipment, educational services and patient comfort programs. Funds are raised through uniform and jewelry sales and other special events.
St. Vincent's volunteers are highly recognizable with women in their St. Vincent's purple jackets and the men in purple shirts.
Requirements - Listed here are the complete requirements for acceptance into the St. Vincent's Auxiliary.
- Complete Volunteer Application
- Complete drug screen,2 step TB test
- Complete a 4 hour orientation and training.
- Annual TB testing
- Complete annual Eductation
- Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 100 hours annually to be considered active.
- Uniforms are required any time you are volunteering
Benefits - The wonderful benefits which active volunteers receive.
- Free parking in designated area
- One meal per regular shift in the Food Court
- Annual Flu shot, free blood pressure checks
- Pharmacy discount with doctor’s prescription
- Uniforms at minimal cost
- Annual Christmas party and spring Appreciation luncheon
For more information please contact: St. Vincent's Foundation One Medical Park East Drive Birmingham, AL 35235 Phone: 205-838-6151 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org