Childcare Ages 4 Months to 6 Years Old
Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 7:30pm
Friday 7:30am – 6:00pm
Saturday 7:30am – 1:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm – 5:30pm
- Child Care Office: 205-408-6556
- Main Line: 205-408-6600
- Members: Free for three hours. A fee will be assessed after three hours.
- Non-member: $3 per hour per child.
- For safety’s sake, parents may not enter the child care area without a staff member’s approval.
- A completed and signed registration form is required for each child.
- All children must be checked in and out, via the computer system, each time they visit the childcare center.
- Upon drop off, please specify the area of the facility you will be using, so that we may reach you if you are needed. If you decide to go to a different area in the facility, please return to the childcare center to let the attendant know. NEVER LEAVE the facility while your child is in our care.
- Older children, typically over the age of 4, may play in the “Big Kids’ Room” at staff discretion.
- When circumstances warrant, children may be taken to our outdoor play area.
- The television may be tuned to educational or skill-developing programs.
- Children may bring a non-peanut butter/non-nut snack.
- As staffing warrants, we will provide snacks at designated times. Please inform the staff of any food allergies each time your child enters the Center. Keep your phone available if your child has special needs or food allergies.
- We welcome spill-proof cups labeled with the child’s name.
- Children should not be brought to the Center if they are ill. Any child with fever, diarrhea, cold, eye infection, persistent coughing/sneezing, or any communicable illness will not be admitted.
- Children must be fever-free for a minimum of 24 hours before entering the Center.
- The parent will be contacted to pick up their child immediately if their child is disobedient or aggressive and doesn’t respond to time-outs.
- The parent will be contacted to pick up their child immediately if the child is inconsolable after 15 minutes.
- For safety, nothing should be attached to diaper bags (including hand sanitizer or sunscreen). Bags with zipper closure are preferred, but not required.
- St. Vincent’s One Nineteen is not responsible for lost toys. Although we suggest children not bring toys from home, comfort items (a lovey, special blanket or stuffed animal) are always welcome.
- We welcome donated toys in excellent condition.