Camp One Nineteen
Each year St. Vincent’s One Nineteen's professionals design a day camp experience for children ages 6 to 12 (and five year olds who have completed a year of a qualified school program). Camp 119 includes sports, camp games, and indoor/outdoor activities. In addition to (weather-permitting) daily swims, campers enjoy weekly themed activities. Those themes, designed to appeal to varied interests, are linked to special activities, such as cooking with One Nineteen’s dietitian and visits with special guests from some of Birmingham’s best education facilities.
St. Vincent’s One Nineteen Children’s Programs – (205) 408-6556
Members - $35/day or $175/week
Non-Members - $50/day or $250/week
There is a $30 non-refundable fee per camper due at registration. This registration includes processing fees,
T-shirt, water bottle and confirms your spot in camp. Each camper must complete the registration form and pay the registration fee.
Payment for Camp
- Payment for camp can be made weekly or monthly.
- Monthly auto draft is available for our multi-week campers.
- Daily campers pay on morning of camp. Weekly campers pay on Monday/first day of service for the week. Payment is accepted through cash, check or credit card.
- Monthly auto-draft declines will be charged a $20 processing fee for each decline incurred.
Registrations and Cancellations
- Camp registration for summer 2018 begins on February 5, 2018.
- Registration for single days of camp must be made with 48 hours’ notice to ensure space is available.
- Registrations for full weeks of camp must be made by Friday of the previous week to ensure space is available.
- Cancellations for single days of camp must be made with 48 hour notice to avoid charge for that day of camp.
- Cancellations for full weeks of camp must be made with 2 week notice to avoid charge for that week of camp. Payments made for the full week will only be refunded with 2 week notice.
- No refunds will be made for days of camp missed during the paid full week. Example: If a full week has been paid but only 2 days attended, no refund will be provided.
- We will not offer same day registrations for summer 2018.
Ages for Camp
Camp welcomes children between the ages of 5 and 12 years old. Campers age 5 are eligible for camp if they have completed a full year of Kindergarten between August 2017 and May 2018.
Hours of Camp / Pick Up & Drop Off
Drop off for camp is between 7:00 am and 8:00 am. Pick up for camp begins at 4:30 pm and lasts until 5:30 pm. Structured activities begin at 8:30 am. Pick-ups after 5:30 pm result in additional fees of $3 per 10 minutes after 5:30 pm. Extended pick up times can be arranged. Please inquire if you need to discuss.
Camp 119 for summer 2018 will run 10 weeks and have an optional 11th week. Our facility will be closed July 4th. Activities are subject to change.
July 23 – July 27: At the Movies
July 30 – August 3: One Nineteen Olympics (Color Wars Week)
August 6 – August 10: Camp Rewind (this week held at Supervisor’s discretion)
What to Bring Each Day
- Camp is active each day. Please plan to wear exercise appropriate clothing including shorts, t-shirts and tennis shoes each day. Flip-flops, sandals and dress shoes are not allowed.
- We encourage campers to bring a backpack each day including an extra change of clothes – shorts, shirt, socks and shoes.
- Campers must bring their own lunch and two snacks each day. NO NUT PRODUCTSat camp.
- Swimming is included in each day of camp. Please bring a swimsuit, towel and wet bag/plastic bag each day.
- Please label each item for easy identification.
- Please bring a water bottle for you child each day.
What Not to Bring
- Do not bring electronics, games or toys.
- Do not bring any valuables. St. Vincent’s One Nineteen is not responsible for any items lost at camp.
Camp Employer Identification Number
For Dependent Care Spending Account records, the Tax ID number or Employer Identification Number (EID) for Camp 119 is 63-1217059.
Camp and Pool Rules
- Stay with the group at all times
- Listen and obey camp staff and lifeguards at all times.
- Keep hands and feet to yourself
- Always clean up after yourself and put equipment back where it belongs
- Any child not following the rules will lose their privileges to participate in that activity or another.
Discipline Policy and Action Steps
Participants in camp are required to follow all rules and guidelines. Following these rules will allow for the safe and effective operation of the program. Disciplinary Action Steps include:
- First offense : verbal warning
- Second offense: time-out of activity
- Third offense: repeated disruption and failure to follow rules will result in contacting a parent/guardian and/or the removal from the rest of the activities for the day.
- Regular violations may result in a 3-day suspension from camp. If this action is taken no refunds will be provided for the days the child is suspended.
- Continued violation will result in permanent removal from camp.
- Disciplinary actions beginning with the third offense will be recorded. Parents will receive a copy of the disciplinary form and be asked to sign and date to verify they were informed of the incident.