This 3-week series meets once a week on Tuesday evenings from 6-8:30 pm, beginning on the dates listed. Our childbirth classes are taught by experience obstetrics nurses, and will help prepare you and your partner for the birthing process. This class series is perfect for first-time parents, and includes a tour of the Louise Robinson Moorer Family Birth Center. Partners or labor support persons are encouraged and welcome to attend with mom.
Topics covered during the class series include:
- Third trimester health
- Preparation for labor
- Stages and phases of labor
- Delivery process
- Pain management options for labor & delivery
- Delivery interventions
- Cesarean delivery and recovery
- Postpartum/ recovery period
Pre-registration is required for class. The class fee of $25 covers mom and one guest. Class fees are payable by check or cash only at this time. Please note that class dates and times are subject to change, due to registration numbers, instructor availability, or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Unless otherwise noted, all classes will meet in Conference Room 1, located inside the main hospital lobby of Providence Hospital.
- Parking is available in any designated Visitors' Parking lot, located on the Airport Blvd side of the hospital campus, near the ER entrance.
- You may enter through the main lobby doors, at the end of the sidewalk.
- The Conference Room entrance is located across from the vending machine, behind the Gift Shop entrance on the right side of the lobby.
- You are welcome to bring any drinks or snacks with you to class. Vending machines are available, and the hospital cafeteria is open during class time.
- For further information or questions regarding Childbirth Education classes, please contact 251-266-1749, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.