Planned Cesarean Section? This class will teach you all you need to know to prepare for the big day!
This interactive online course covers essential information about preparing for, having, and recovering from cesarean surgery, and it highlights ways partners can help throughout the process. You’ll also learn what steps you can take to make your cesarean birth a family-centered experience, including an opportunity to create your own cesarean birth plan.
You can access the eClass from any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
- Cesarean Overview
- Signs of Labor
- Preparing for Surgery
- Surgical Procedure
- Recovery in the Hospital
- Recovery at Home
- Videos, animations, and optional read-along audio
- Quizzes, interactive exercises, notes pages, and extended activities
- PDF library including What to Pack for Your Surgery and Family-Centered Cesarean Birth Plan checklists
- Audio library with a cesarean birth visualization exercise, a prenatal bonding exercise, and more
- Essential new-parent tools
- Glossary and web links
- Class completion certificate
How it works:
You can complete the modules at your own pace. Two to Three hours are recommended for the completion of the class material and you may do this in several shorter sessions. Your labor partner is encouraged to participate in the online class with you!
In addition, you will have the ability to reach out to our St. Vincent’s Childbirth instructors to ask follow up questions and continue the conversation. While we will miss our ability to work with you in person during this time, we will remain continuous resources for you as we always have been.
Please follow the two steps below to complete registration and payment.
1. To register and pay for this class, please click a date below and click register (it doesn’t really matter what day you choose since the class is online and you may take it at your convenience).
2. We will email you with your log in instructions within 2 business days. If you have Gmail, please check your junk mail if you don’t see an email in your inbox.